ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design will be available for media tours during Greenbuild 2019, which runs November 19-22, 2019. Dedicated October 24th and fewer than two miles from the Georgia World Congress Center, where Greenbuild will be held, the 47,000 square-foot Kendeda Building represents the leading edge of regenerative design:
- Net-positive energy, generating more electricity from solar panels than it uses on an annual basis.
- Net-positive water, capturing rainwater and treating it for all uses, including drinking.
- Innovative use of reclaimed materials, including wood from the sets of the TV shows and Tech Tower.
- 22 worst-in-class chemicals screened out of building materials to protect health.
- Toilets that turn human waste into safe compost onsite.
The Kendeda Building was funded by a $30 million grant to Georgia Tech from the Kendeda Fund. The project is designed to be a living, learning laboratory, showing what’s possible in the Southeast in order to catalyze even more ambitious green buildings across the region.
If you are interested in a media tour of the Kendeda Building during Greenbuild 2019, please contact Brad Kahn to schedule it.
MORE INFORMATION: https://livingbuilding.kendedafund.org/
HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGES: Download on demand: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hbkahn/sets/72157711369324602/
VIDEO: https://youtu.be/MBSBet56-NE - B-roll is available upon request.