DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "1,4-Butanediol (BDO), Polytetramethylene Ether Glycol (PTMEG) & Spandex Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (THF, PBT, Urethanes, Textiles), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global 1,4-butanediol (BDO), polytetramethylene ether glycol (PTMEG) and spandex market size is expected to reach USD 24.59 Billion by 2025
It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization and exponential GDP growth in emerging markets such as India, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, and Thailand is expected to boost the growth.
Moreover, increasing sports activities and consumer awareness regarding fitness and healthy lifestyles is estimated to drive the market growth over the projected period. Emerging markets from Asia and South America such as China, India, and Brazil are registering high industrial output due to increased economic activity, driving growth of the manufacturing sector.
Most BDO processors are increasingly focusing on sustainable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and trying to increase efficacy, conserve resources, and utilize available resources in an optimal manner. These initiatives are expected to further boost the global BDO market over the forecast period.
Increasing environmental concerns and depletion of non-renewable resources such as crude oil and natural gas have spurred the development of numerous innovative sustainable technologies that utilize bio-based, renewable resources for BDO and spandex production. Extensive R&D activities and requirement to develop product differentiation are projected to lead to high levels of competition in the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- THF accounted for the largest market share of 49.47% in 2018 and is estimated to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to rising use of the product for production of PTMEG that is a polymer extensively utilized for manufacturing urethane elastomers and fibers
- PBT was the second largest application segment with a market share of 22.19% in 2018 and is estimated to expand at healthy CAGR in near future owing to growing demand from end-use industries such as automotive and electrical appliance
- Spandex is the largest application sector for PTMEG, expanding at a CAGR of over 8.2% in terms of volume over the forecast period, owing to high demand for the production of flexible sports apparel and textiles coupled with increasing healthcare standards across the globe
- Textile accounted for the largest market share in 2018 and is estimated to expand at 8.2% CAGR over the forecast period owing to product innovation and development of non-woven textiles
- Saudi International Petroleum Company (Sipchem) is a chemical manufacturing company which is now globally recognized as a chemical manufacturer. The company manufactures markets methanol, butanediol, tetrahydrofuran, acetic acid, acetic anhydride, vinyl acetate monomer, as well as carbon monoxide through its various affiliates
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage
3.1.1 Global BDO, PTMEG & Spandex Market Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Technology Overview
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.5.1 Standard & Compliances
3.6 Market Dynamics
3.6.1 Market Driver Analysis
22.214.171.124 Increasing Demand For Sustainable And Bio-Based Feedstock
126.96.36.199 Increasing Thf Consumption
188.8.131.52 Textile And Apparel Industry Growth
3.6.2 Market Restraint Analysis
184.108.40.206 Volatile Raw Material Price
3.7 Business Environment Analysis: BDO, PTMEG & Spandex Market
3.7.1 Industry Analysis - Porters Model
3.7.2 Pestel Analysis
Chapter 4 BDO, PTMEG & Spandex Market: By Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 BDO, PTMEG & Spandex Market: Product Movement Analysis
4.2 1,4 BDO
Chapter 5 BDO, PTMEG & Spandex Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Global Industrial Lubricants Demand By Region, 2014 - 2025
5.1.1 Global BDO, PTMEG & Spandex Market Estimates & Forecast, 2014 - 2025(Kilo Tons) (Usd Million)
Chapter 6 BDO, PTMEG & spandex market: Competitive Landscape
6.1 Competitive Environment
6.2 Strategy Framework
6.3 Vendor Landscape
6.4 Public Companies
6.5 Private Companies
Chapter 7 BDO, PTMEG & spandex market: Company Profiles
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Ashland Inc.
- BioAmber Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Corp.
- Toray Industries Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Lotte Chemical
- Indorama Synthetics
- Dairen Chemicals
- Nan Ya Plastics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/p66ohf