Cigarettes in Italy, 2019 is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The Italian cigarette market is one of the largest in Western Europe, although sales have recently seen a decline. Volumes stood at 72 billion pieces in 2016 and were forecast at 69.7 billion pieces in 2017. This is 3.2% down on 2016 and 23.3% below its level in 1990. Until recently, Italy was one of the most buoyant cigarette markets in Western Europe.
Consumption had been fairly stable during much of the 1990s and experienced a significant upturn from 1998 onwards. Duty-paid consumption was in the bracket of 101 billion pieces annually from 2000 to 2003, but after a relatively stable period it began to decline as a result of rising prices and new anti-smoking measures, which reduced consumption to a low of 92.8 billion pieces in 2005.
Although 2006 saw a small recovery in volumes, the impact of tax and price increases caused consumption to drop by 1.1% back to 92.8 billion pieces in 2007, with a 0.9% decline recorded in 2008. Further price increases and a deteriorating economic climate led to decreases in duty paid volumes, with a sharp fall in 2012 (7.9%) and 2013 (6%).
- RYO and MYO are growing markets, with RYO volumes reaching the equivalent of 5.1 billion pieces in 2017 and the equivalent of 5.3 billion pieces in 2018.
- According to KPMG, Regina accounted for approximately 15% of illegal volumes in 2017, followed by Marlboro (8%), Marble, and Rothmans (both 5%).
- Italy had 13,850 vending machines for cigarettes in 2013.
- No minimum duty is understood to be being applied to cigarettes as of March 2019.
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- BAT Italia S.p.A.
- Imperial Tobacco
- Philip Morris International
Key Topics Covered
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
9.1. BAT Italia S.p.A.
10. Prospects & Forecasts
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 2: Cigarette & RYO Sales, 2000-2018, Billion Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 4: Consumption including illegal supplies 1990-2018, Billion Pieces
Table 5: Retail Sales Value, 1990-2018, Billion Pieces
Table 6: Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2007-2017, %
Table 7: Cigarette Sales by Price Sector, 2009-2011%
Table 8: Cigarettes Sales by Price Sector, 2013-2014, %
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales, Million Pieces, 2000-2018
Table 10: Manufacturer Sales Shares, %, 2000-2018
Table 11: Brand Family Shares, % Volume, 2008-2017
Table 12: Cigarette Brand Numbers, 2002-2011
Table 13: Cigarette Brand Numbers, Index, 2002-2011
Table 14: The Structure of Taxation, 2009-2019
Table 16: Retail Price Trends, Most Popular Price Category, 1990-2019
Table 17: Retail Prices: Leading Brand Families, , 2006-2018
Table 18: Retail Prices: Selected Brands, , 2006-2019
Table 19: Retail Prices, June 2019
Table 20: Smoking Population, 1990-2018
Table 21: Smoking Population by Age & Gender, 2001, 2003, 2008 & 2013, % Breakdown
Table 22: Smoking Population by Broad Age Band & Gender, 2001 and 2015, % Breakdown
Table 23: Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking by Region & Gender, %, 2009
Table 24: Smoking Prevalence by Region, %, 2001-2005
Table 25: Daily Cigarette Consumption, %, 1998-2003
Table 26: Production of Cigarettes, 1990-2016
Table 27: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2018
Table 28: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Volume, 2008-2018, Million Pieces
Table 29: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2018
Table 30: Company profile: BAT Italia S.p.A.
Table 31: Consumption Forecasts, 2018-2028, Million pieces
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a3j06r