DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Ovarian Cancer: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Ovarian Cancer: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028 values the Ovarian Cancer market at $1.8bn in 2018 across the seven major markets (7MM - US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) and expects it to grow to $6.7bn in the following ten years with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.4%.
The main drivers of growth will be the adoption of maintenance therapy across the seven major markets (7MM - US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan), poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor uptake in the first-line setting, the launch of new pipeline agents, and increased screening rates for genetic markers.
Ovarian cancer is a rare gynecological disease that spans a broad range of genetic and histological subtypes, for which platinum-based chemotherapy has been the standard of care (SOC) for decades. Ovarian cancer can be broken down into many different types of neoplasms based on specific histopathologic entities and clinical behaviors, and treatment depends on the specific tumor type.
The dramatic growth in the ovarian cancer market is largely attributed to the label expansions for PARP inhibitors such as Lynparza, Zejula and Rubraca. The increase in screening rates for genetic markers such as BRCA mutations and other homologous recombination deficiencies (HRDs) will enable better patient segmentation and are expected to further drive the use of PARP inhibitors.
In 2028, three PARP inhibitor drugs are expected to have combined revenue of $2.8bn, constituting more than 40% of the global ovarian cancer market. Moreover, by 2028, another major revenue contributor will be new drug classes - notably, immune checkpoint inhibitors, with five expected to enter the market bringing combined forecasted revenues of around $1.4bn.
A major barrier for growth in the ovarian cancer market, however, will be the emerging use of biosimilars and generics for some key marketed products, namely Lynparza and angiogenesis inhibitor Avastin. Despite advancements in the treatment of newly-diagnosed ovarian cancer patients, one of the largest unmet needs, the need for effective treatment options for the relapsed platinum-resistant patients, will remain unaddressed.
In addition, the unmet need for early-stage diagnostic biomarkers and specialized treatment options for rare histological subtypes of ovarian cancer will also remain, which will provide further opportunities for diagnostics companies and drug developers.
- Overview of ovarian cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized ovarian cancer therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments and 11 lines of therapy, forecast from 2018 to 2028.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the ovarian cancer therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for ovarian cancer. The most promising candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ovarian cancer market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ovarian cancer market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global ovarian cancer market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Ovarian Cancer: Executive Summary
2.1 Double-Digit Growth Rate Expected for Ovarian Cancer Between 2018-2028
2.2 Drug Developers Expand Labels Through Novel Combinations and Broadening of Patient Eligibility
2.3 Unmet Need for More Effective Therapies in the Treatment-Resistant Disease Setting Will Largely Remain Unaddressed
2.4 An Individualized Treatment Paradigm Emerges for the First-Line Setting, While Targeted Therapies Are Struggling to Deliver for the Treatment of Recurrent Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.3.1 7MM Trends in Diagnosed Incidence
5.3.2 7MM Trends in Observed Survival
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Ovarian Cancer (2018-2028)
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Ovarian Cancer
5.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incidence of Ovarian Cancer
5.5.3 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Ovarian Cancer
5.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Ovarian Cancer by Stage at Diagnosis
5.5.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Cancer of the Ovary (C56) by Histologic Subtype
5.5.6 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Ovarian Cancer with an Associated Germline BRCA Mutation
5.5.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Ovarian Cancer with an Associated Somatic BRCA Mutation
5.5.8 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Ovarian Cancer with HRD
5.5.9 Diagnosed Incident Cases of EOC with FR Overexpression
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.6.2 Limitations of Analysis
5.6.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Improved Front-Line Therapies
7.3 Alternative Treatment Options for Platinum-Refractory/Resistant Patients
7.4 Individualized Treatment Approaches
7.5 Therapy Option for Histological Subtypes Beyond High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer
7.6 An Early-Stage Diagnostic for Ovarian Cancer
8 R&D Strategies
8.1.1 PARP Inhibitors Are Becoming a Focus of Clinical Development
8.1.2 Development of Companion Diagnostic and Robust Biomarker Platforms
8.1.3 Novel Mechanism of Action: Folate Receptor Alpha Targeting
8.1.4 Cell-Based Therapies at the Early Stages of Clinical Development
8.1.5 Platinum-Refractory Disease: Patients Might Have to Wait for Breakthrough Therapies
8.2 Clinical Trial Design
8.2.1 Current Clinical Trial Endpoints
8.2.2 Future Clinical Trial Endpoints
8.2.3 Moving Beyond the Current Platinum-Sensitive/Resistant Paradigm for Patient Recruitment in Clinical Trials
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Innovative Early-Stage Approaches
9.3 Other Drugs in Development
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
10.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.3 Competitive Assessment
10.4 Top-Line 10-Year Forecast
11.3.1 Forecasting Methodology
11.3.2 Diagnosed Patients
11.3.3 Percent Drug-Treated Patients
11.3.4 Drugs Included in Each Therapeutic Class
11.3.5 Launch and Patent Expiry Dates
11.3.6 General Pricing Assumptions
11.3.7 Individual Drug Assumptions
11.3.8 Generic Erosion
11.3.9 Pricing of Pipeline Agents
11.4 Primary Research - KOLs Interviewed for This Report
11.5 Primary Research - Prescriber Survey
11.6 About the Authors
11.6.2 Therapy Area Directors
11.6.4 Managing Epidemiologist
11.6.5 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology
11.6.6 Global Head and EVP of Healthcare Operations and Strategy
- Clovis Oncology
- Oasmia Pharmaceuticals
- Ono Pharmaceuticals
- Vascular Biogenics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/86ck30