DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Respiratory Syncytial Virus: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The burden of RSV-associated illness is well known; however, challenges stemming from both product and clinical trial design have resulted in several high-profile product failures across all classes of agents including antivirals and prophylactic vaccines and antibodies.
Further, the RSV market has seen contraction as the only approved prophylactic antibody, AbbVie and AstraZeneca's Synagis (palivizumab), received an updated recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) in 2014 for a more narrow population than the antibody is labeled for (i.e., pediatric patients at increased risk of hospitalization due to RSV).
These difficulties have limited options for patients currently at risk for complications due to RSV; however, they have driven strong developer interest in addressing RSV across multiple therapeutic avenues.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the RSV therapeutic market landscape in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) change from 2018-2028?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs for RSV?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare with one another, and against existing treatment options?
- What are the remaining unmet needs in RSV treatment management?
- What drivers and barriers will affect RSV therapeutics sales in the 7MM over the forecast period?
- Overview of RSV, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
- Topline RSV market revenue from 2018-2028. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and prophylactic options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting RSV therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global RSV therapeutics and prophylactics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Respiratory Syncytial Virus: Executive Summary
2.1 Strong Growth Projected for the RSV Market from 2018 to 2028
2.2 Both Large and Small Developers Are Focused on the Untapped RSV Therapeutics Market
2.3 The Market for Cost-Effective RSV Prophylaxis Is Highly Competitive
2.4 Despite Projected Entrance of Novel Products, Opportunities Remain for Current and Future Players
2.5 Future RSV Management Strategies Will Include Multiple Products
2.6 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.1 Sources Used and Not Used
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for RSV Hospitalized Population (2018-2028)
5.5.1 Number of Hospitalized Adults with Positive RSV Test
5.5.2 Number of Children Hospitalized for RSV
5.6 Epidemiological Forecast for RSV Prophylactic Population (2018-2028)
5.6.1 Number of Preterm Births by Gestational Age
5.6.2 Premature Infants with CLD
5.6.3 Number of Live Births with Hemodynamically Significant Heart Disease
5.6.4 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD
5.6.5 Number of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of SMA
5.6.6 Number of Third Trimester Pregnant Women
5.6.7 Number of Adults Living in Nursing Homes/Long-Term Care Institutions
5.7.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.7.2 Limitations of Analysis
5.7.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Improved Cost-Effective Passive Prophylaxis
7.2.1 Unmet Need
7.2.2 Gap Analysis and Opportunity
7.3 Prophylactic Vaccines
7.3.1 Unmet Need
7.3.2 Gap Analysis and Opportunity
7.4 Effective Therapeutic Antivirals
7.4.1 Unmet Need
7.4.2 Gap Analysis and Opportunity
7.5 Increased Research and Awareness of Long-term Sequela
7.5.1 Unmet Need
7.5.2 Gap Analysis and Opportunity
8 R&D Strategies
8.1.1 Development of RSV Antiviral Therapeutics with Diverse Mechanisms of Action
8.1.2 Leveraging Novel Vaccine Technologies and Strategies
8.1.3 Development of Prophylactic Antibodies with Improved Dosing and Efficacy
8.2 Clinical Trials Design
8.2.1 Clinical Trials Design of Pipeline Prophylactics for Maternal Immunization
8.2.2 Clinical Trials Design of Pipeline Prophylactics for Pediatric Immunization
8.2.3 Clinical Trials Design of Pipeline Prophylactics for Adult Immunization
8.2.4 Demonstration of Efficacy for Fusion Inhibitor Antivirals
8.2.5 Demonstration of Efficacy for Replication Inhibitor Antivirals
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.1.1 Recently Discontinued Pipeline Products
9.2 Innovative Early-Stage Approaches
9.3 Other Drugs in Development
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
10.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.1.1 Therapeutic Agents
10.1.2 Prophylactic Agents
10.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.2.1 Therapeutic Agents
10.2.2 Prophylactic Agents
10.3 Competitive Assessment
10.3.1 Therapeutic Agents
10.3.2 Prophylactic Agents
10.4 Top-Line 10-Year Forecast
- Ark Biosciences
- Bavarian Nordic
- Enanta Pharmaceuticals
- Merck & Co.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/38ypv4