DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Alopecia Areata: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The main driver of the enormous expansion of the AA market will be the significant increase in patient shares towards the JAK inhibitors due to increased efficacy of these therapies.
Alopecia areata (AA) is the second most common non-scarring alopecia and there are no clear reasons for the onset of the condition; however, some sources have suggested that it happens as a result of genetic susceptibility from an environmental change.
The disease causes hair loss from different areas of the body; however, it usually occurs more on the scalp or the beard regions. It appears as smooth round patches but with the follicular openings retained, where the hair has become shorter and fragmented because of the disease.
Hair loss can result in baldness of the whole scalp, which is referred to as alopecia totalis, or loss of hair on the body, which is called alopecia universalis. Both genders are equally affected, with symptoms of AA starting commonly before the age of 30. The condition occurs in at least 20% of patients who have a first-degree relative who suffers from AA.
- Another prominent contributor to sales growth will be the increase in treatment rate in all markets across the 7MM
- The major global barrier for the AA market will be the annual cost of therapy for the new pipeline drugs
- The key market opportunities lie in addressing unmet needs through the development of more efficacious drugs for AA patients with less occurrence of adverse events
- Overview of AA, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized AA therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2018 and forecast for ten years to 2028.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the AA therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AA market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Alopecia Areata: Executive Summary
2.1 Intense Growth Expected for AA Market Following the Launch of JAK Inhibitors
2.2 Large Companies Set to Dominate the AA Market
2.3 Vast Unmet Needs Exist in the AA Market
2.4 There is Still Scope for Opportunity in AA Despite the Entrance of JAK Inhibitors
2.5 JAK Inhibitors Dominate Sales for AA
2.6 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.3 Classification or Staging Systems
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Incident Cases of AA
5.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Lifetime Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of AA
5.4.5 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Incident Cases and Lifetime Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of AA by Severity
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for AA (2018-2028)
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of AA
5.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of AA
5.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of AA
5.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of AA by Severity
5.5.5 Lifetime Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of AA
5.5.6 Age-Specific Lifetime Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of AA
5.5.7 Sex-Specific Lifetime Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of AA
5.5.8 Lifetime Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of AA by Severity
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.6.2 Limitations of Analysis
5.6.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Current Treatment Options
6.3.1 Topical Treatments
6.3.2 Systemic Treatments
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Lack of Efficacious Drugs
7.3 Patient Adherence
7.4 Lack of Treatment Guidelines
7.5 Reimbursement Potential for Medications
8 R&D Strategies
8.1.1 JAK Inhibitors
8.2 Clinical Trial Design
8.2.1 Current Clinical Trial Design
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Innovative Early-Stage Approaches
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
10.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
10.3 Competitive Assessment
10.4 Top-Line 10-Year Forecast
- Eli Lilly
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g3xsf1