DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "India 2-Ethyl Hexanol Comprehensive Techno-Commercial Market Study, 2013-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The demand for 2-Ethyl Hexanol in India stood at more than 100 KTPA in 2018 and is projected to grow at a healthy growth rate during the forecast period.
2-Ethyl Hexanol is majorly used to manufacture plasticizers, especially dioctyl phthalate (DOP) and 2-Ethyl Hexanol derivatives. DOP is further used to produce Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). However, the demand for PVC products is anticipated to slow down in the coming years. Moreover, increasing manufacturing of 2-Ethyl Hexanol derivatives, acrylate and methacrylate esters is further expected to fuel the demand for 2-Ethyl Hexanol during the forecast period.
The Andhra Petrochemical Limited is the only company manufacturing oxo alcohols products in India, the company has an annual capacity of 55 KTPA to produce 2-ethyl hexanol. The in-house production of the company is not enough to meet the domestic demand of India, thus a large portion of the product is being imported.
Moreover, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited is also planning to enter the business vertical of oxo alcohols by expanding its Kochi refinery to produce oxo alcohols. BPCL is setting up a plant to manufacture 2-ethyl hexanol with an annual capacity of 55 KTPA which is expected to be completed by the end of 2022. After the plant become operational, the dependency of 2-ethyl hexanol on imports is going to reduce, and the domestic production of both the companies together will be able to meet the domestic demand across the country.
Some of the major players operating in the Indian 2-Ethyl Hexanol market are The Andhra Petrochemicals Limited, BASF Petronas Chemicals, ExxonMobil Chemical, Dow Chemicals, BASF, Pt Petro Oxo Nusantara, Eastman Chemical Company, etc.
Years Considered for this Report
- Historical Years: 2013-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020-2030
Objectives of the Study
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast 2-Ethyl Hexanol production, demand, inventory, and the demand-supply gap in India.
- To categorize the demand for 2-Ethyl Hexanol based on end-use, sales channel and region.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in the Indian 2-Ethyl Hexanol market.
- To identify major customers of 2-Ethyl Hexanol in India.
- To evaluate and forecast 2-Ethyl Hexanol pricing in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in the Indian 2-Ethyl Hexanol market.
- To identify major developments, deals and expansion plans in the Indian 2-Ethyl Hexanol market.
- BASF Petronas Chemicals
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Dow Chemicals
- Eastman Chemical Company
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- Pt Petro Oxo Nusantara
- The Andhra Petrochemical Limited
Key Topics Covered
1. Product & Technology Overview
2. India 2-Ethyl Hexanol Outlook, 2013-2030
2.1. Capacity, By Volume
2.1.1. By Company
2.1.2. By Location
2.2.1. By Company
2.3. Operating Efficiency
2.3.1. By Company
3. India 2-Ethyl Hexanol Demand-Supply Scenario, 2013-2030, By Volume
4. India 2-Ethyl Hexanol Demand Outlook, 2013-2030, By Volume
4.1. By End Use
4.2. By Sales Channel
4.3. By Region
4.4. By Company
5. Pricing, By Type
5.2. Monthly (Historical & Forecast)
5.3. Quarterly (Historical & Forecast)
5.4. Yearly (Historical & Forecast)
6. Trade Dynamics, 2013-2019
6.1. Top Exporting Countries (Value & Volume)
6.2. Top Importing Countries (Value & Volume)
7. List of Major Consumers
7.1. Location-wise Monthly Consumption
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1.1. Company Profiles
126.96.36.199. Basic Details
188.8.131.52. Segmental/Product Information
184.108.40.206. Expansion Plans
220.127.116.11. SWOT Analysis
18.104.22.168. Key Strategy
9. Top News / Deals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cx90mn