DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Hong Kong Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Hong Kong's total service revenue will reach US$5.7 billion by 2024, driven by revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2019. Also, mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 5.4% over 2019-2024, supported by growing M2M subscriptions, rising mobile data consumption, increasing adoption of 4G services until 2021 and thereafter projected growth in 5G subscriptions. Going forward, Hong Kong's pay-TV market will decrease at a CAGR of 0.8% due to increasing substitution of pay-TV with SVoD services by customers and heavy subscription losses in cable segment.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Hong Kong today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Hong Kong
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, etc
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies Mentioned: PCCW, China Mobile Hong Kong, SmarTone, 3 Hong Kong, CSL New World, Megacable, HKBN, HGC, i-cable, myTV Super.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a CAGR of 0.8% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile data revenue will account for the majority of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue through 2024, due to growing M2M subscriptions, rising mobile data consumption, increasing adoption of 4G services until 2021 and thereafter projected growth in 5G subscriptions.
- PCCW leads Hong Kong's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions with 30.2% share for 2019, supported by its strong hold in postpaid segment, growth in its M2M subscriptions and 5G technology investments.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Hong Kong's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the author's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Hong Kong's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Hong Kong's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Hong Kong.
Key Topics Covered
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- China Mobile Hong Kong
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kx01ir