DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Deal-Making Trends in Pharma - Thematic Research" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
To gain a better understanding of the pharmaceutical deal landscape, this report will dive into three separate deal categories: strategic partnerships, licensing activity, and M&A activity. Furthermore, the categories will be further broken down by four dominating therapeutic themes. These include gene therapy, immuno-oncology, microbiome, and orphan drugs.
These themes are among those expected to have the greatest presence in deals made within the pharmaceutical industry, which is indicative of the optimism surrounding their future potential. Please also note that this report only covers select geographies, North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, the three regions with the highest deal volume and value. These regions were also chosen to be covered in this report based on the fact that they are hotspots for the development of innovative drugs.
This report also identifies target drug companies that would be strong acquisition target candidates. The companies identified include those that have drugs that fall into one of the four major themes discussed in this report: gene therapy, immuno-oncology, microbiome, and/or orphan drugs. Chosen targets were also selected on the basis of having drugs in both the preclinical stage and clinical stage settings. Identified targets are also all privately owned, and have seen little to no recent merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the past five years. Lastly, the list of targets also includes those have had recent positive clinical trial data.
This report provides with in-house expertise to provide an assessment of the deal landscape within the pharmaceutical industry.
Components of the report include:
- Data analysis, trends, and insights for strategic partnerships, licensing activity, and M&A activity within the pharmaceutical industry
- Data analysis, trends, and insights for deals that encompass specific therapeutic themes (gene therapy, immuno-oncology, microbiome, and orphan drugs)
- Data analysis, trends, and insights for deals that have occurred in select geographies (North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific)
- Identification of drug companies that would be strong acquisition target candidates
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a better understating of the volume and value dynamics within the pharmaceutical deal space.
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of deals impacting the healthcare industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry's most impactful deals that have been completed within the past 5 years, along with a glimpse of deals completed or to be completed in 2019.
- Identify emerging deal trends, as they relate to deal type, therapeutic theme, geography, to gain a competitive advantage.
- Identify drug companies that would be strong acquisition target candidates.
Key Topics Covered
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
3 Deal-Making and the Importance of Themes
3.1 Huge Deals in 2019
3.1.1 Takeda Acquires Shire
3.1.2 Bristol-Myers Squibb Acquiring Celgene
3.2 Strategic Partnerships
3.3 Licensing Agreements
3.4 Mergers and Acquisitions
3.5 Gene Therapy
3.8 Orphan Drugs
3.9 Geographical Breakdown and Comparison
4 Strategic Partnership Activity over the Last Five Years
4.1 A Closer Look at Partnership Activity (key themes and factors driving deals)
4.1.1 Gene Therapy
4.1.4 Orphan Drugs
4.3 Case Studies
4.3.1 Gene Therapy
4.3.4 Orphan Drugs
5 Licensing Activity over the Last Five Years
5.1 A Closer Look at Licensing Activity (key themes and factors driving deals)
5.1.1 Gene Therapy
5.1.4 Orphan Drugs
5.3 Case Studies
5.3.1 Gene Therapy
5.3.4 Orphan Drugs
6 Merger and Acquisition Activity over the Last Five Years
6.1 A Closer Look at Merger and Acquisition Activity (key themes and factors driving deals)
6.1.1 Gene Therapy
6.1.4 Orphan Drugs
6.3 Case Studies
6.3.1 Gene Therapy
6.3.4 Orphan Drugs
7 What Does it Mean?
7.1 Strategic Partnerships
7.2 Licensing Agreements
7.3 Mergers and Acquisitions
8 Outlook for Deal-Making in Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9z07mz