ISELIN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amerigroup in New Jersey is committed to offering innovative products and services that help consumers improve their health and well-being. As part of this commitment, Amerigroup is giving its 2020 Medicare Advantage members access to social and support services that address consumers’ whole-health and aim to help them lead healthier lives. Amerigroup recognizes that these types of social and support services can be drivers of good health, are important to Medicare-eligible consumers, and can be key factors when individuals make enrollment choices in this year’s Medicare annual election period.
“When we looked at the underlying medical, behavioral, and environmental obstacles our members face, we designed an expanded menu of wellness services,” Tomas Orozco, President of Amerigroup’s Medicare East Region, said. “Last year, we led the industry in offering robust Medicare Advantage supplemental benefits, such as access to personal home helpers and alternative medicine. Our 2020 benefits will help remove hurdles to healthier living for our Medicare Advantage members – from nutrition counseling and fitness tracking to pest control and service dog support – by expanding our social and support benefits.”
For consumers enrolled in Amerigroup’s Amerivantage ESRD (HMO-POS C-SNP), they will have the ability to choose one of 10 Everyday Extras wellness services listed below, at no extra cost. Members should consult their Evidence of Coverage document for specific benefit details as benefits may vary by plan.
- Healthy Nutrition: Based on qualifying clinical criteria, access to eight (8) sessions per year with a dietitian who can provide nutritional education support as well as monthly delivery of pantry staples (nonperishable items) to help make dietary changes.
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition.
- Health and Fitness Tracker: The member is provided a fitness tracker device as well as membership in programs to promote improved physical and mind fitness.
- Service Dog Support: Up to $500 annual allowance to help pay for items used to care for a member’s service dog, such as leashes and vests. The dog much be certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Healthy Food Deliveries: Up to 16 delivered meals four times each calendar year (64 total) to support members who are either discharged from an overnight stay at a hospital, have a Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 25 or less than 18, or has an A1C level more than 9.0.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
- Personal Home Helper: Up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, & bathing.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a $500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, and reaching devices.
- Day Center Visits: Up to 1 visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults who need supervision and assistance.
- Alternative Medicine: Up to 24 acupuncture and/or therapeutic massage visits each calendar year.
Individuals enrolled in the Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO D-SNP) and Amerivantage Balance (HMO) Medicare Advantage plans will have four wellness services in their health plan and will not have to choose: alternative medicine, healthy food delivery, assistive devices, and personal home helper.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of these health plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2019, and continues through December 7, 2019 and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the opportunity to sign up for Amerigroup’s 2020 Medicare Advantage plans.
For more details about Everyday Extras and Amerigroup’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (888) 820-8931, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Individuals can also visit the company’s online store at shop.amerigroup.com/medicare/.
Amerivantage (HMO) is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Amerivantage (HMO) depends on contract renewal. Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO D-SNP) is a D-SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the New Jersey Medicaid program. Enrollment in Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO D-SNP) depends on contract renewal. Amerivantage is an HMO/POS CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Amerivantage depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1-866-805-4589（TTY：711）。 ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-805-4589 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare.
Amerigroup is part of the Amerigroup Government Business Division (GBD). Through the GBD, Amerigroup serves 7.4 million seniors, people with disabilities, low-income families and other state and federally sponsored beneficiaries, and National Government Services enrollees (including the Federal Employee Program) in 26 states, making us one of the nation’s leading providers of health care solutions for public programs. Amerigroup accepts all eligible people regardless of age, sex, race or disability.