CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR) today published its second annual Corporate Sustainability Report (“CSR”) which showcases the Company’s disciplined management approach to Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) excellence, and details an enhanced strategic ESG framework and newly-established ESG goals. Organized under three key pillars – People, Performance and Planet – the framework further strengthens the Company’s robust corporate responsibility platform and enhances reporting on key initiatives.
“Throughout our 20-year history of financial outperformance, sustainability has animated our strategy and strengthened our growth and value creation,” said Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas Chairman & CEO. “We are committed to elevating our ESG profile and continuing to deliver long-term sustainable success for all our stakeholders.”
As a longtime advocate of ESG, Ventas is honored to have been rewarded with many prestigious global leadership recognitions:
- Named to the selective Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2019. Only companies that rank within the Top 10% of their industries are included in this Index.
- Named the top performing healthcare REIT for the third consecutive year by GRESB, retaining our Green Star ranking for the sixth year, and our “A” ranking on the GRESB Public Disclosure Assessment.
- Three-time winners of Nareit’s health care Leader in the Light award (2014, 2017, 2018).
- Designated a “Winning Company” on the 2020 Women on Boards Gender Diversity Index, recognizing our commitment to board gender diversity with 30% female board members.
- Achieved Leadership Band in the CDP global disclosure system for implementing best practices on climate change.
The full Ventas CSR report and additional information about the Company’s ESG initiatives is available online at www.ventasreit.com/corporate-responsibility.
Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company, is a leading real estate investment trust. Its diverse portfolio of approximately 1,200 assets in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom consists of senior housing communities, medical office/outpatient buildings, university-based research and innovation centers, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities, and health systems. Through its Lillibridge subsidiary, Ventas provides management, leasing, marketing, facility development and advisory services to highly rated hospitals and health systems throughout the United States. References to “Ventas” or the “Company” mean Ventas, Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Ventas and Lillibridge can be found at www.ventasreit.com and www.lillibridge.com.
The Company routinely announces material information to investors and the marketplace using press releases, Securities and Exchange Commission filings, public conference calls, webcasts and the Company’s website at www.ventasreit.com/investor-relations. The information that the Company posts to its website may be deemed to be material. Accordingly, the Company encourages investors and others interested in the Company to routinely monitor and review the information that the Company posts on its website, in addition to following the Company’s press releases, Securities and Exchange Commission filings and public conference calls and webcasts.