DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market by Application and Type: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to this report, the global intravenous immunoglobulin market accounted for $8,995 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $15,964 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 7.5% from 2018 to 2025.
The prevalence of a host of antibody deficiency disorders such as common variable immune deficiency (CVID), specific antibody deficiency, & hypogammaglobulinemia; increase in immunoglobulin indications; improved production & purification processes; growth in awareness toward antibody deficiency; and rare immune disorders among patient population drive the growth of the global intravenous immunoglobulin market.
Based on application segment, hypogammaglobulinemia held the largest market share in 2017, and is anticipated to continue this trend in the near future. Large patient population, lack of effective substitute treatment, and early adoption of immunoglobulin for the treatment of hypogammaglobulinemia are expected to boost the growth of this segment.
In 2017, North America accounted for the largest share in the global market, followed by Asia-Pacific. The major factors responsible for the growth of the intravenous market in these regions include high adoption rate in developed and populous countries such as Japan and the U.S. coupled with the presence of large plasma production facilities.
The key companies profiled in the report include Baxter International Inc., CSL Ltd., Grifols, S.A., Octapharma AG, Kedrion Biopharma Inc., LFB Group, Biotest AG, China Biologics Products, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceuticals, and Bayer AG. The other players included in the value chain analysis (but not included in the report) are Omrix Biopharmaceuticals Ltd.; Behring GmbH; Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd.; Option Care Enterprises, Inc.; ADMA Biologics, Inc.; and BioScrip, Inc.
Key Findings of the Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Market
- Myasthenia gravis segment is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
- Hypogammaglobulinemia was the largest revenue contributor in 2017 and is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period.
- North America dominated the global intravenous immunoglobulin market in 2017.
- LAMEA is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of 10.3% from 2018-2025.
- Rise in Prevalence of Immunodeficiency Diseases
- Increase in Adoption of Immunoglobulin Treatment
- Growth in Incidence of Bleeding Disorders
- Stringent Government Regulations
- High Cost of Therapy
- Opportunities in Emerging Economies
- Development of Cost-Effective Therapeutics Through Large-Scale Production
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/l4bb6j