CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on Breast Cancer on Wednesday, Oct. 23, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester in White Plains, New York. The chair for the summit will be Komal Jhaveri, M.D., FACP, medical oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
This interactive and educational meeting will analyze and discuss novel treatments for patients with breast cancer. The expert presenters will explore a wide variety of informative topics surrounding breast cancer, such as hormone receptor (HR)-positive/HER2-negative early-stage disease, updates in metastatic HR-positive/HER2-negative disease, management of the axilla, the role of radiation in early breast cancer, novel approaches to HER2-positive breast cancer and novel approaches for metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
The presenters for the summit will include the following experts:
- Andrea V. Barrio, M.D., FACS, breast surgical oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Lior Z. Braunstein, M.D., radiation oncologist, scientist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Erika P. Hamilton, M.D., director, breast and gynecologic cancer research program, Sarah Cannon Research Institute.
- Mark E. Robson, M.D., chief, breast medicine service; medical oncologist; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Joseph A. Sparano, M.D., professor of medicine and obstetrics, gynecology and women’s health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine; associate chairman for clinical research, department of oncology, Montefiore Medical Center.
- Tiffany A. Traina, M.D., medical oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.