NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ICR, a leading strategic communications and advisory firm, and Nasdaq, a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services, today will host Advancing Women Leaders: What You Need to Lead, a symposium dedicated to discussing leadership lessons and opportunities for growth in the corporate boardroom. The event will be held at Nasdaq MarketSite.
Advancing Women Leaders: What You Need to Lead marks the second conference dedicated to advancing women in the boardroom presented by ICR and Nasdaq, following a successful inaugural event in 2018. This year’s program will feature talented female leaders from the boardrooms and C-suites of iconic organizations such as Facebook, PayPal, LYFT and the U.S. Marine Corps. The women will share first-hand how to build skill sets and identify opportunities that can forge a path to leadership at the highest level of any enterprise.
The thought provoking program includes:
- Welcome remarks by Ann Dennison, Senior Vice President, Controller, Nasdaq
- Fireside chat moderated by CNBC correspondent Contessa Brewer with Maggie Wilderotter, Chairman of the Board, DocuSign; Board Member, LYFT, Costco; Retired Chairman and CEO of Frontier Communications
- Presentation by Mary Davis Holt, Independent Board Member, American Funds; Senior Consultant and Former Managing Partner at Flynn Heath Holt Leadership; Former COO of Time Life Inc.; Author
- Leadership panel moderated by Betsy Atkins, Board Member, Wynn Resorts, SL Green Realty, Volvo Car Company; Chairman of the Board, Global Logic; featuring: Loretta "Lori" Reynolds, Lt. General U.S. Marine Corps; Peggy Alford, Board Member, Facebook, Macerich; Senior Vice President of Core Markets at PayPal; and Dawn Zier, Board Member, Tivity Health, Hain Celestial Group, Spirit Airlines; President and COO, Tivity Health
- Closing remarks by Kellie Huennekens, Head of Americas, Nasdaq Center for Corporate Governance
By sharing real experiences from women who have successfully positioned themselves for corporate board roles, the event is intended to educate and inspire attendees. ICR and Nasdaq are committed to presenting opportunities for female leaders to continue learning from one another while sharing insight into the business value of gender equality in the workplace.
Established in 1998, ICR partners with companies to execute strategic communications and advisory programs that achieve business goals, build awareness and credibility, and enhance long-term enterprise value. The firm’s highly-differentiated service model, which pairs capital markets veterans with senior communications professionals, brings deep sector knowledge and relationships to more than 650 clients in approximately 20 industries. ICR’s healthcare practice operates under the Westwicke brand (www.westwicke.com). Today, ICR is one of the largest and most experienced independent communications and advisory firms in North America, maintaining offices in New York, Norwalk, Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco, San Diego and Beijing. Its affiliate, ICR Capital LLC advises on capital markets transactions across a wide span of industries. Learn more at www.icrinc.com. Follow us on Twitter at @ICRPR.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $14 trillion. To learn more, visit: www.nasdaq.com.