MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Frontdoor (NASDAQ:FTDR), the country’s leading provider of home service plans, will hold Good Day 2019, a company-wide day of service focused on giving back to communities where its employees live and work. The event comes just days after Frontdoor celebrated its one-year anniversary as an independent, publicly traded company.
Good Day 2019 will include more than 30 group projects involving over 1,000 employees in six cities, as well as numerous individual service projects by field-based employees from across the country. Employees from each of the company’s four brands will take part: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard.
“Our employees are extremely passionate about serving others, and this extends beyond the great work they do every day to serve our customers,” said Jen Alessandra, chief people officer for Frontdoor. “Today is about Bringing the Good, and we’re excited to be putting our energy into action by helping some remarkable and diverse organizations serve those in need.”
Group projects will take place throughout the day in the following communities benefitting these organizations:
- Carroll, Iowa: American Red Cross, Iowa Adopt-A-Highway, Family Resource Center, Opportunity Living, Meals on Wheels, Community of Concern Food Pantry, Operation Gratitude
- Denver: The Gathering Place
- LaGrange, Ga.: Active Life Center, Boys and Girls Club of West Georgia, Harmony House, Personal Aide, West Georgia Hospice, Twin Fountains Nursing Home
- Memphis, Tenn.: American Red Cross, Catholic Charities of West Tenn., Clean Memphis, Hope House, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Le Bonheur Hospital, Memphis Athletic Ministries, Mid-South Food Bank, MIFA, Porter-Leath, St. Jude Target House, Thistle & Bee, Urban Bicycle Ministry, Youth Villages
- Phoenix.: Sojourner Center
- Salt Lake City: Project Sleep Tight
“This opportunity is just another element of what we’re building every day at Frontdoor: a culture of comradery, ownership and accountability. That means doing great things every day, both at work and in our communities,” said Alessandra.
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands: American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard. Together, it serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of more than 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unexpected breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With more than 45 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds).