ATLANTA & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, today reported September trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at http://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
“We are pleased to report strong third quarter performance, with volume and open interest growth in every asset class across our markets,” said Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange. “Our deep and liquid futures markets are critical in meeting the needs of our commercial customers for precise and efficient risk management,” Jackson added.
3Q19 and September highlights include:
- Record oil average daily volume (ADV) of 2.1M lots in September and record oil open interest (OI) of 13.1M lots reached on September 24, 2019
- Brent ADV up 15% y/y in 3Q19 and up 19% y/y in September
- Gasoil ADV up 7% y/y in 3Q19 and up 10% y/y in September
- Other crude & refined products ADV up 23% y/y in 3Q19 and record ADV in September up 28% y/y; OI up 19% y/y
- Record European natural gas ADV up 63% y/y in 3Q19 and up 37% y/y in September; OI +19% y/y
- Record total energy futures OI of 29.9M lots reached on September 25, 2019
- Record total natural gas futures OI of 16.7M lots reached on September 25, 2019
- Record North American basis market OI of 9.4M lots reached on September 30, 2019
Agriculture & Metals
- Sugar ADV up 6% y/y in 3Q19 and record ADV in September up 11% y/y; OI up 8% y/y
- Cocoa ADV up 15% y/y in 3Q19 and up 35% y/y in September; OI up 11% y/y
- Cotton ADV up 6% y/y in 3Q19
Equities & Interest Rates
- MSCI ADV up 24% y/y in 3Q19 and up 4% y/y in September
- Sterling ADV up 11% y/y in 3Q19 and up 16% y/y in September; OI up 87% y/y
- Record Sterling OI of 18.4M lots reached on September 17, 2019
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company formed in the year 2000 to modernize markets. ICE serves customers by operating the exchanges, clearing houses and information services they rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global financial and commodity markets. A leader in market data, ICE Data Services serves the information and connectivity needs across virtually all asset classes. As the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, the company is the premier venue for raising capital in the world, driving economic growth and transforming markets.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key information Documents (KIDS)”.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, as filed with the SEC on February 7, 2019.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange