GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amerigroup in Texas announced today enhancements to its wellness services offered in many of the company’s 2020 Medicare Advantage plans. As part of its commitment to helping consumers improve their health and well-being, Amerigroup is giving its members the option of 10 wellness services to choose from – adding four new services compared to its 2019 health plans: nutritional support, a fitness device and member engagement programs, service animal support, and pest control. Amerigroup recognizes that these types of social and support services can be drivers of good health, are important to Medicare-eligible consumers, and can be key factors when individuals make enrollment choices in this year’s Medicare annual election period.
The Everyday Extras package, which contains the 10 service choices, will be offered to many consumers enrolled in select counties in the following 2020 Medicare Advantage plans: Amerivantage Select (HMO), Amerivantage Classic (HMO), Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO D-SNP), Amerivantage ESRD (HMO-POS C-SNP), and Amerivantage Dual Secure (HMO D-SNP).
“When we looked at the underlying medical, behavioral, and environmental obstacles our members face, we designed an expanded menu of wellness services,” said Josh Martin, President of Amerigroup’s Medicare West Region. “Last year, we led the industry in offering robust Medicare Advantage supplemental benefits, and saw strong demand for services such as alternative medicine, transportation, and the allowance for assistive devices. Our 2020 benefits will help remove hurdles to healthier living for our Medicare Advantage members – from nutrition counseling and fitness tracking to pest control and service dog support – by expanding our social and support benefits.”
Members who are enrolled in the Medicare Advantage plans that have the Everyday Extras package will be able to select one of the 10 services listed below, at no extra cost. Members should consult their Evidence of Coverage document for specific benefit details as benefits may vary by plan.
- Healthy Nutrition: Based on qualifying clinical criteria, access to eight (8) sessions per year with a dietitian who can provide nutritional education support as well as monthly delivery of pantry staples (nonperishable items) to help make dietary changes. (New in 2020)
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition. (New in 2020)
- Health and Fitness Tracker: The member is provided a fitness tracker device as well as membership in programs to promote improved physical and mind fitness. (New in 2020)
- Service Dog Support: Up to $500 annual allowance to help pay for items used to care for a member’s service dog, such as leashes and vests. The dog much be certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act. (New in 2020)
- Healthy Food Deliveries: Up to 16 delivered meals four times each calendar year (64 total) to support members who are either discharged from an overnight stay at a hospital, have a Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 25 or less than 18, or has an A1C level more than 9.0.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
- Personal Home Helper: Up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, & bathing.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a $500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, and reaching devices.
- Day Center Visits: Up to one (1) visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults who need supervision and assistance.
- Alternative Medicine: Up to 24 acupuncture and/or therapeutic massage visits each calendar year.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of these health plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2019, and continues through December 7, 2019 and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the opportunity to sign up for Amerigroup’s 2020 Medicare Advantage plans.
For more details about these health plan benefits and Amerigroup’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (888) 816-3853, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Consumers can also visit the company’s online store at https://shop.amerigroup.com/medicare/.
Amerigroup Texas, Inc. is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Amerigroup Texas, Inc. is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the State Medicaid program. Amerigroup Texas, Inc. is an HMO CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Amerigroup Texas, Inc. is an HMO/POS CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Amerigroup Texas, Inc. depends on contract renewal. Amerigroup STAR+ PLUS MMP (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Texas Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-805-4589 (TTY: 711). CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-866-805-4589 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare.
Amerigroup is part of the Anthem Government Business Division (GBD). Through the GBD, Anthem serves 7.4 million seniors, people with disabilities, low-income families and other state and federally sponsored beneficiaries, and National Government Services enrollees (including the Federal Employee Program) in 26 states, making us one of the nation’s leading providers of health care solutions for public programs. Amerigroup accepts all eligible people regardless of age, sex, race or disability.