DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Brazil Automotive OEM's Entry-Exit Strategies and Market Trends, 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The aim of the study is to research, analyze and forecast the movement of the Brazilian automotive market based on the prevailing scenario. It also throws light on hot topics such as taxation policy revision and exit and entry of key players.
The Brazilian automotive market is currently the 8th largest in the world. Passenger vehicle sales in 2018 were just under 2.5 million units growing over 13.8% from 2017. Brazil was one of the few countries in the world that registered such positive growth, especially amongst developing economies.
In 2012, the government introduced its 'INNOVAR' program to boost the production of fuel-efficient vehicles and motivate international vehicle manufacturers to invest in the country. This was primarily done through the process of managing tax exemptions for international companies. The program which expired in 2017, despite getting a lot of negative feedback, did manage to boost investments, production, and thereby sales in the country, bringing in more choice of vehicles and models.
After the 'INNOVAR' program expired, the government instituted a new directive known as ROTA 2030. With the primary intention of focusing on energy efficiency and sustainability, this comprehensive economic platform was meant to progress innovation in areas such as research and development, vehicle safety, and logistics among others. This program was especially meant to push the industry to accelerate its development in the production of hybrid and electric vehicles.
However, despite the government's pro-activeness, several major OEMs including VW, GM, and Ford have exited the market threatening to derail the growth in the market.
This research also provides insights into what OEMs and policy makers should consider in order to make the ROTA 2030 a success. Considering various factors including modernization of facilities, leveraging flexible policies and E.V. technology benchmarking, this research casts a wide net for anyone interested in the market and what the expected growth could be.
Some of the key objectives for the research will be to provide a clear understanding of the following:
- Market measurements and dynamics - Market size, key players' contributions, forecasting, and trends
- Market entry options and investment plans - Discuss available options to enter the Brazilian automotive market, planned investments of major OEMs
- Exit strategies of key automotive players - Impact of exit on Brazilian auto industry and discussion on route adopted to exit
- INOVAR Vs. ROTA 2030 - Incentives and taxation policy
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the impacts of new policy (ROTA 2030) that replaced Inovar Auto Directive?
- What are the expected transformational shifts in the next couple of years?
- Who are the dominant players in the market?
- How will exit and entry of key automotive players impact the market?
- What is the value of planned investments to be made by auto makers?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Summary Key - Findings
- Transformational Shifts and Vehicle Sales Improvement
- Market Share Of Key OEMs
- New Policy and Investments
- Impact of Exits On Brazilian Auto Industry
- Current and Future Outlook
2. Research Scope and Objectives
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. Market Measurements and Dynamics
- Key Trends - Brazilian Automotive Market
- Light Vehicles Sales Forecast - Brazil, 2015-2023F
- PV Vs. LCV Sales Forecast - Brazil, 2015-2023F
- PV Market Share - Top OEMs: Brazil, 2018 and 2019 (Jan-May)
4. Market Entry Options
- Overview of Market Entry Models - Brazil
- Comparison of Various Market Entry Options - Brazil
- Key Areas To Consider For New Investors - Brazil
- Planned Investment By Key OEMs In Brazil
5. Exit Strategies Of Key Players
- Impact of Exits On Brazil's Auto Industry
- Exit of OEMs in Brazil
- Exit of Automotive Suppliers in Brazil
6. INNOVAR Vs. ROTA 2030
- Introduction - INOVAR Auto Directive and ROTA 2030
- INOVAR Auto Directive Vs. ROTA 2030
- Overview of INOVAR Auto Directive
- Overview of ROTA 2030
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity - Brazil Market Trends and Automotive OEM's Entry-Exit Strategies
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
8. Conclusions and Recommendations
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/d3ynzl