DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Floriculture Market - Forecasts from 2019 to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The floriculture market was valued at US$49,036.935 million in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.38% over the forecast period to reach US$71,056.324 million by 2024.
A well-coordinated supply chain consisting of growers, auctions, traders, logistics service providers and development of virtual freight and logistics network is expected to drive the market growth given the fast deteriorating rate of cut flowers post-harvest.
Rise in trading of flowers and potted plants through specialized retail channels such as auctions, gift shops, decor shops, and online sale channels is on the rise. This is expected to drive the floriculture market growth. But the growing demand for artificial flowers is expected to be a restraint for market growth.
Based on product, bedding plant segment is expected to have a significant growth rate as they are widely used for seasonal display around the house and other areas. By geography, the Asia Pacific region is expected to have a significant growth rate owing to diverse agro-climatic conditions in the region resulting in increased production.
- Well-coordinated supply chain
- The rise in specialized retail channels in developed nations
- Growing demand for artificial flowers
- In June 2019, Dummen Orange, world's largest breeder and propagator and Kordes Rosen, breeder of cut, pot, and garden roses based in Germany, signed an agreement to develop and broaden their collaboration by working together in the Dmmen Orange rose show garden in De Kwakel, the Netherlands, creating access to the best in roses for their customers.
- Syngenta completed the acquisition of Varinova's Cyclamen business in June 2019.
- Dummen Orange
- Syngenta Flowers
- Selecta One
- Karuturi Global
- Harvest Flowers UK Ltd.
- The Kariki Group
- Ball Horticulture
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u4modj