DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Self-Checkout Systems Market By Offering, By Transaction Type (Cash & Cashless), By Model (Standalone, Countertop & Mobile), By Enterprise Size (SME & Large Enterprise), By End User, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global self-checkout systems market is projected to exhibit a CAGR of over 10% during the forecast period, growing from $3.7 billion in 2018 to $6.5 billion by 2024, on account of growing deployment of self-checkout systems at various industrial domains such as entertainment, healthcare and retail stores.
Self-checkout system is a multi-billion market and is poised to grow at a high rate, on account of factors such as need to enhance customer experience, reduce waiting time at retail supermarket chains and low-operational cost of self-checkout systems.
- Historical Years: 2014-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020-2024
Objective of the Study
- To analyze and forecast the global self-checkout systems market size.
- To classify and forecast the global self-checkout systems market based on offering, transaction type, model, enterprise size, end-user and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the global self-checkout systems market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the global self-checkout systems market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for the global self-checkout systems market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global self-checkout systems market.
The global self-checkout systems market can be segmented based on offering, transaction type, model, enterprise size and end-user
Based on the offerings, the market can be segmented into hardware, software and services. In 2018, hardware segment held nearly half of the global self-checkout systems market, backed by the presence of several manufacturers offering hardware components.
On the basis of transaction type, the market can be bifurcated into cashless and cash segments. Nowadays, more and more people are opting for the cashless option, on account of lesser complexity and lower prices, resulting in its fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
On the basis of model type, countertop and mobile are the preferred models, as they occupy less space when compared with standalone models.
Regionally, the market for self-checkout systems is gaining traction and expanding to various regions including Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East & Africa. Due to the early adoption of advanced technologies and presence of several stores and hypermarkets, North America is registering extensive adoption of self-checkout systems.
Major players operating in the global self-checkout systems market are NCR Corporation, Toshiba TEC Corporation, Diebold Nixdorf Incorporated, Fujitsu Limited IBM Corp., ITAB Scanflow AB, ECR Software Corporation, PCMS Group Ltd, Computer Hardware Design, Ltd. and Slabb Inc.
Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products in order to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments. ITAB Scanflow and Toshiba entered into an agreement, under which the latter company started selling and integrating ITAB's systems in the market.
Key Topics Covered
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
4.1. When in a store what do you prefer to use? (Self-Checkout System; Staffed Checkout)
4.2. Do you believe that the overall transaction time at Self-Checkouts (including queuing time) is slower than at staffed checkouts? (Yes; No)
4.3. What do you like about Self-Checkout System? (Convenience; Ease of use; Speed of transaction)
5. Global Self-Checkout Systems Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Offering (Hardware, Software and Services)
5.2.2. By Transaction Type (Cash and Cashless)
5.2.3. By Model (Standalone, Countertop and Mobile)
5.2.4. By Enterprise Size (SME and Large Enterprise)
5.2.5. By End User (Retail, Financial Services, Entertainment, Travel, Healthcare and Others)
5.2.6. By Region
5.2.7. By Company (2018)
5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. North America Self-Checkout Systems Market Outlook
7. Europe Self-Checkout Systems Market Outlook
8. Asia-Pacific Self-Checkout Systems Market Outlook
9. South America Self-Checkout Systems Market Outlook
10. Middle East & Africa Self-Checkout Systems Market Outlook
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Competitive Landscape
13.1. Competition Outlook
13.2. Company Profiles
13.2.1. NCR Corporation
13.2.2. Toshiba TEC Corporation
13.2.3. Diebold Nixdorf Incorporated
13.2.4. Fujitsu Limited
13.2.5. IBM Corp.
13.2.6. ITAB Scanflow AB
13.2.7. ECR Software Corporation
13.2.8. PCMS Group Ltd.
13.2.9. Computer Hardware Design Ltd.
13.2.10. Slabb Inc.
14. Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/32t7ld