SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ancora Heart, Inc., a company developing a novel therapy to address heart failure, today announced the company’s key activities at the 31st Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT), the annual scientific symposium of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation in San Francisco.
An interim analysis will be presented on patients treated in a U.S. early feasibility study evaluating the safety of the investigational AccuCinch® Ventricular Repair System designed for the treatment of systolic heart failure.
Ancora Heart’s primary TCT conference activities include:
Wednesday, September 25
- Hypertension and Heart Failure Therapies: Session II: Heart Failure Therapies, TCT 88: Six Month Outcomes of an Early Feasibility Study of the AccuCinch Left Ventricular Repair System in Patients with Heart Failure and Functional Mitral Regurgitation
- Presented by Satya Shreenivas, M.D. at 4:35 pm in The Moscone Center, Room 203
Friday, September 27
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair: Beyond the MitraClip:Session III: Emerging TMVR Devices — Part 2: Annuloplasty and Others, Basal Ventriculoplasty: Ancora Device Description Results and Ongoing Studies
- Presented by Kendra J. Grubb, M.D. at 5:24 pm in the Moscone Center, Room 155/157
Saturday, September 28
- Interventional Heart Failure and Hemodynamic Support: Chronic Therapies: Device-Based Therapies for Chronic Heart Failure, Ventricular Reshaping for HF: ANCORA
- Presented by Mark Reisman, M.D. at 5:30 pm in The Moscone Center, Room 156/158
The transcatheter AccuCinch therapy is designed to complement and enhance the existing care cardiologists provide to further manage symptoms and slow, or stop, the progression of heart failure. For some patients, AccuCinch may have the potential to reverse the enlargement of the left ventricle. For patients where heart failure has progressed beyond the ability for medications and pacemakers to manage symptoms, non-surgical percutaneous device therapy with AccuCinch may provide an effective treatment option. The AccuCinch system is designed to directly repair the left ventricle of the heart, thereby addressing the fundamental issue in the progression of systolic heart failure.
About Ancora Heart
Ancora Heart, Inc., based in Santa Clara, Calif., is dedicated to helping people with heart failure feel better and live longer. Ancora Heart has developed the AccuCinch system, an investigational therapy designed to repair the enlarged left ventricle targeting the underlying cause of heart failure. The AccuCinch heart failure treatment was created to benefit the millions of patients who otherwise have no minimally invasive option available to them. For more information visit www.ancoraheart.com.