SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) today announced $750,000 in donations to support communities affected by Hurricane Dorian in the U.S. and the Bahamas. The company also activated special disaster assistance for customers in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia — to support residents of those states as well as refugees impacted by the devastation in the Bahamas.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by Hurricane Dorian,” said Interim CEO Allen Parker. “The severity and breadth of this storm have presented great hardship to communities in the Bahamas and along the East Coast, including many of our customers and team members. We are committed to helping recovery efforts through our donations, customer assistance and team member support.”
The Wells Fargo Foundation will contribute $650,000 to the communities affected in the U.S. Of this, the American Red Cross1 will receive $250,000 to support their relief efforts, with an additional $400,000 designated to support local nonprofit organizations in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. An additional $100,000 donation will be distributed for Bahamian relief efforts, with $50,000 to World Central Kitchen and $50,000 to the Red Cross.
For Wells Fargo customers who want to help those impacted by Hurricane Dorian, Wells Fargo is proactively reversing outgoing international wire fees through Oct. 31, 2019, for wire transfers sent to the Bahamas.
In addition, the company is accepting donations to the American Red Cross through its ATM network in North Carolina and South Carolina and through Zelle®2. Customers also can redeem available Go Far® Rewards for donations.
- ATM donations will be accepted for Hurricane Dorian (U.S. and Bahamas) in North Carolina and South Carolina Sept. 9–23. There is no fee, and 100% of contributions will be sent to the American Red Cross.
- Donations to the American Red Cross to support disaster relief also can be made through Zelle® in the Wells Fargo app. To donate funds, go to the Wells Fargo mobile banking application, select “Send Money with Zelle®.” Enter “American Red Cross” as the recipient, and type the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org in the contact field. For more information, go to https://www.wellsfargo.com/zelledonation.
- Go Far® Rewards can be redeemed for donations to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Dorian (U.S. and Bahamas) Sept. 11–24 at GoFarRewards.wf.com or by calling the service center, 877-517-1358.
Team member assistance
Wells Fargo will also activate assistance for team members in the affected states via its WE Care Fund, which provides grants to Wells Fargo team members who face a catastrophic disaster or financial hardship resulting from an event beyond their control. This program is available to those affected by Hurricane Dorian and is intended to help team members get back on their feet with basic necessities; in particular, it is intended to assist those team members who do not have other resources to help themselves.
Disaster relief customer assistance information
Wells Fargo is committed to providing support to customers and clients affected by Hurricane Dorian. This includes reversing certain fees — such as late fees — for lending products including credit cards, auto loans and personal loans and lines of credit. Customers who want to discuss their financial needs should call 800-219-9739.
About Wells Fargo
Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,600 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com). With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. With its corporate philanthropy, Wells Fargo aims to pave a path to stability and financial success for underserved communities by focusing on housing affordability, small business growth, and financial health, among other local community needs. In 2018, Wells Fargo donated $444 million to nearly 11,000 nonprofits. For 10 consecutive years, Wells Fargo has held the honor of No. 1 in workplace giving by United Way Worldwide. Wells Fargo team members also actively support communities by donating more than 2 million hours of volunteer time in the last year. News, insights and more information on the company’s overall corporate responsibility are available at Wells Fargo Stories and www.wellsfargo.com/impact.
- The American Red Cross name, emblem and copyrighted materials are being used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, please visit redcross.org.
- Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC, and are used herein under license.