DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Carrier-Neutral Network Operators: 4Q18 Market Review" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This is a comprehensive, Excel-based assessment of the Carrier-Neutral Network Operator (CNNO) market sector, including detailed financial & operational results from 2011 through December, 2018 (4Q18).
- Tower CNNOs covered include: American Tower, Arqiva, Balitower, Bharti Infratel, Cellnex, China Tower, Crown Castle, EI Towers, GTL Infrastructure, IBS, Inwit, SMN, SBA Communications, STP, Tower Bersama, and Telxius/Telefonica.
- Data center CNNOs: CoreSite Realty, CyrusOne, Digital Realty, DuPont Fabros (now part of DRT), Equinix, Interxion, and QTS.
Bandwidth CNNOs: Chorus Limited, Internap, Level 3, Lumos, Superloop, Uniti Group, Zayo, Cogent, NBN Australia.
Carrier-neutral providers of network infrastructure are playing a crucial role in the development of the telecom sector. From US$17.6 Billion ($B) in revenues in 2011, CNNOs recorded $58.6B in 2018; the growth rate in the last three years has averaged 20.2%. Since 2011, the sector's data centers under management have more than doubled, to 613 facilities; fiber route miles have almost tripled, and the cell tower count increased over 10x to 2.4 million.
Capital spending among CNNOs remains high as a % of revenues. In 4Q18, CNNO capex of $6.0B was 40% of revenues. Most CNNO capex is for the purchase of property and related construction costs, with telecom equipment & software taking up a small percentage. Some CNNOs are deploying more intelligence in their networks and evolving business models, though, such as Crown Castle, NBN and Zayo.
It is expected that CNNOs with a proven track record of acquisitions to continue looking for multi-billion dollar asset deals for the next several years. It is also expected that CNNOs to function as market consolidators when the next market downturn hits. The larger CNNOs will push the envelope on their business model as they grow, adding services on top of their infrastructure and building further to the edge of the network.
Key Topics Covered
3. CNNO Market: Key Stats through 4Q18
4. Segment Drilldowns
5. Company Drilldowns
6. KPI Drilldowns
7. Exchange Rates
- American Tower
- Bharti Infratel
- China Tower
- Crown Castle
- EI Towers
- GTL Infrastructure
- Inti Bangun Sejahtera
- Sarana Menara Nusantara
- SBA Communications
- Solusi Tunas Pratama
- Tower Bersama Infrastructure
- CoreSite Realty
- Digital Realty
- DuPont Fabros
- QTS Realty
- Chorus Limited
- Level 3
- NBN Australia
- Uniti Group
List of Figures & Charts
- Revenues by type of CNNO (US$M)
- Revenues by CNNO type, 2017 vs. 2018 (US$M)
- Capex by type of CNNO (US$M)
- Capital intensity by type of CNNO
- Capex & acquisition spending, CNNO total (US$M)
- Net PP&E by type of CNNO (US$M)
- CNNO towers & average tenancy ratio, global ex-China
- Growth of data centers & rentable space since 2011
- NRSF per data center (K)
- Revenues by company, 2018: CNNO market segment (US$M)
- Net PP&E by company, 2018: CNNO market segment (US$M)
- Data center CNNOs: Net rentable square feet, YE17 (million)
- Data center CNNOs: # of data centers, year-end 2018
- Tower CNNOs: # of towers by company, YE2018
- Tower CNNOs: employees, YE2018
- Tower CNNOs: Net Profit (US$M) and Net Margin (%), 1Q14-4Q18
- Tower CNNOs: Net PP&E (US$M) and Net PP&E/Revenues, 1Q14-4Q18
- Tower CNNOs: FCF (US$M) and FCF/Revenues (%), 1Q14-4Q18
- Data center CNNOs: Net Profit (US$M) and Net Margin (%), 1Q14-4Q18
- Data center CNNOs: Net PP&E (US$M) and Net PP&E/Revenues, 1Q14-4Q18
- Data center CNNOs: FCF (US$M) and FCF/Revenues (%), 1Q14-4Q18
- Cash from operations (US$M): Tower CNNOs vs. Data center CNNOs, 1Q14-4Q18
- Cash & short term investments (US$M): Tower CNNOs vs. Data center CNNOs, 1Q14-4Q18
- Net profit margin by type of CNNO
- Net Profit by type of CNNO (US$M)
- Free cash flow/revenues by type of CNNO (US$M)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w1ibbv