MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The AAA-Four Diamond Pfister Hotel’s beloved afternoon tea experience has been a cherished tradition for many guests and locals alike in Milwaukee, Wis. for over 35 years. Now, guests can enjoy another season beginning September 6, 2019 through May 3, 2020.
Reminiscent of the 19th century, The Pfister’s afternoon tea offers an elegant experience perfect for friends and families looking to enjoy a traditional English afternoon in Milwaukee’s most luxurious hotel. The over 125-year old hotel has stood as an icon of prestige, history and timeless elegance, continuing to host some of the world’s most honored dignitaries. The Pfister is known for housing the largest Victorian art collection of any hotel in the world, its renowned Artist-in-Residence program and its celebration of exceptional hospitality to all who walk through its doors.
The afternoon tea experience at The Pfister Hotel is unlike that of any other hotel. Complete with tradition, elegance and history, below are five reasons why all visitors and locals should engage in this popular tradition:
- The Pfister Hotel Tea Butler: Guests will be serviced by the hotel’s own Tea Butler, Juan Rodriguez, who has been the hotel’s tea butler for over three decades. During each seating, the Tea Butler will visit each table with a gueridon service trolley to explain the tea and origins of tea being offered, discuss table side blending options and educate guests on ways tea can affect mood and health. He will also offer tealeaf samples to guests so they may appreciate the distinctive aromas of each variety.
- A Lovely Presentation: Tea is delivered in a classic, all-silver service, including a replica of an 18th century self-tipping teapot with a tealight to keep it warm. To ensure that individual tea varieties are brewed to the correct temperature, individual brewing units are used for the different styles of teas.
- The Pfister Hotel’s Own Signature Blend: The Pfister Hotel is proud to offer a fine selection of Rishi Teas in 12 varieties with countless variations of flavors, including its signature blend, Pfister 1893. Exclusively crafted in 2013 in conjunction with Milwaukee-based Rishi Tea, Pfister 1893 features a blend of jasmine and wild rose-scented white teas infused with rejuvenating peppermint and calming lavender.
- Traditional Sandwiches, Delicious Scones and Savory Finger Foods: Executive Chef Brian Frakes creates a special menu for nibbling on dainty English finger foods. The “Victorian” menu includes cucumber sandwiches with dill Chantilly, herb roasted turkey crepes with red onion marmalade, Scottish smoked salmon served with dill cream and black bread, fresh mini scones, raspberry milk chocolate tarts and fresh macarons. Young ladies and gentleman can enjoy an “All Grown Up” menu featuring warm sipping chocolate, herbed chicken salad tartlets and Vermont ham and cheddar finger sandwiches. Fine selections of Veuve Cliquot or Veuve Cliquot Rose are also available.
- A View Fit for a Queen: This elegant tea tradition is located in Blu, on the 23rd floor of the hotel, which offers the finest panoramic views of the city’s skyline to complete the lavish high tea experience. Additionally, a pianist and cozy crackling fireplace set the stage for a delightful afternoon experience on a cool autumn or snowy winter day.
“We are delighted to bring back this timeless tradition for families and friends. Not only is The Pfister’s afternoon tea a special experience for all, but it creates lifelong memories that many cherish year after year. For those looking for a respite during the busy upcoming holiday season, or an engaging activity to enjoy with both young and older generations, we encourage everyone to give our high tea experience a try,” said Tim Smith, general manager of The Pfister Hotel.
Seatings are available Friday – Sunday at 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. September 6, 2019 – May 3, 2020. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (414) 935-5950 or through the website. Also, new this year, the afternoon high tea experience is now available for groups and private parties seating up to 30 people. Group reservations can be reserved by contacting Brenda Simonis at (414) 298-3120 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit The Pfister Afternoon Tea for more information on menu selections and pricing.
About The Pfister Hotel
At more than 125 years old, The Pfister Hotel is one of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in the Midwest and downtown Milwaukee. Originally opened in 1893 by businessman Guido Pfister, it was the most lavish hotel of its time. The hotel’s storied elegance had faded following World War II, until 1962, when Ben Marcus, founder of The Marcus Corporation, purchased this grand hotel out of bankruptcy. The Marcus Corporation renovated and restored the hotel to its original glory, adding convention facilities, a parking garage and 23-story guest tower. The Pfister Hotel is home to the largest collection of Victorian art of any hotel in the world as well as an award-winning Artist-in-Residence program.
Today, The Pfister Hotel continues its tradition of gracious service and impeccable style and has been recognized by AAA as a Four-Diamond property for 42 consecutive years. In 2018, The Pfister was recognized as a Top Hotel in the Midwest in Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious annual Reader’s Choice Awards for the second consecutive year and was ranked the No. 1 Best Milwaukee Hotel by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. This exceptional property is a member of two prestigious hotel organizations, Historic Hotels of America and Preferred Hotels & Resorts. The Pfister Hotel is located at 424 E. Wisconsin Ave. in downtown Milwaukee. For more information, please visit www.thepfisterhotel.com and follow the hotel on Facebook and Twitter (@PfisterHotel).
About Marcus Hotels & Resorts
Marcus Hotels & Resorts owns and/or manages 20 hotels, resorts and other properties in the U.S. The company’s distinctive portfolio includes city-center meeting hotels, upscale resorts, historic properties, and premium branded and independent first-class hotels. Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an approved operator for all major lodging brands. A leader in the hospitality industry since 1962, Marcus Hotels & Resorts creates asset value for hotel owners through its expertise in management, development and product repositioning. This includes hotel food and beverage concepts developed by its Marcus Restaurant Group, featuring premier brands such as Mason Street Grill, ChopHouse, Miller Time Pub & Grill and SafeHouse Restaurants. For more information, please visit: http://media.marcushotels.com and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter (@MarcusHotels).