CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on Breast Cancer on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 5 to 9 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park. The summit will be chaired by P. Kelly Marcom, M.D., oncologist, professor in the department of medicine at Duke Cancer Institute.
This interactive and educational meeting will explore the variety of novel treatment approaches for patients with breast cancer. Expert presenters will discuss topics facing breast cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as management of hormone receptive-positive/HER2-negative early stage disease, updates in metastatic hormone receptor-positive/HER2-negative disease, cardio-oncology in breast cancer, managing brain metastases in breast cancer, and HER2-positive breast cancer and triple-negative breast cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address questions from the audience.
Presenters for the summit will include the following experts from the Duke Cancer Institute:
- Carey K. Anders, M.D., oncologist, instructor, department of medicine;
- Susan Faye Dent, M.D., oncologist, instructor, department of medicine, associate director, breast cancer clinical research, co-director, cardio-oncology program;
- Jeremy Force, D.O., oncologist, assistant professor, department of medicine;
- Gretchen G. Kimmick, M.D., M.S., oncologist, professor, department of medicine;
- Jennie Petruney, MSN, ANP-BC, nurse practitioner, Duke Cancer Center;
- Sarah Sammons, M.D., oncologist, assistant professor, department of medicine;
- Kelly E. Westbrook, M.D., oncologist, assistant professor of medicine.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.