The krill oil market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.33% to reach a market size of US$580.716 million in 2024, from US$274.045 million in 2018.
Krill oil is obtained from Antarctic krill. In Norwegian, krill means whale food. The growing demand for dietary supplements and functional foods is emanating the demand for the growth of the global krill oil market.
Also, the health benefits of krill oil including prevention of heart diseases, high level of blood fats, high cholesterol and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and painful menstrual cramps among others will drive the market growth in the forecast period and beyond.
However, the high cost of krill oil might hamper the market growth as the customers would go for other options such as nutraceuticals and dietary supplements which are easily available and are affordable too.
- Budding trend towards health-conscious diets
- Growing investments towards pet healthcare and diet
- Decline in krill population
- Availability of substitutes
- In May 2019, Nuwellix, a brand under Del Mar Naturals, announced their new all natural product Krill Oil, with Omega 3 EPA, DHA, and Astaxanthin, and is available for purchase on the Amazon Store.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.6. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Secondary Sources
3. KEY FINDINGS
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Segmentation
4.2. Market Drivers
4.3. Market Restraints
4.4. Market Opportunities
4.5. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6. Life Cycle Analysis - Regional Snapshot
4.7. Market Attractiveness
5. KRILL OIL MARKET BY PRODUCT FORM
5.3. Soft Gels
6. KRILL OIL MARKET BY APPLICATION
6.1. Dietary Supplements
6.2. Functional Food and Beverages
6.3. Animal and Pet Food
7. KRILL OIL MARKET BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
8. KRILL OIL MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.1. North America
8.2. South America
8.3.3. United Kingdom
8.4. Middle East and Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.5. Asia Pacific
8.5.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
9.1. Competitive Benchmarking and Analysis
9.2. Recent Investments and Deals
9.3. Strategies of Key Players
10. COMPANY PROFILES
- AKER BIOMARINE
- Enzymotec Ltd.
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
- MediTrim (Allinon Pharma Pte Ltd)
- NORWAY OMEGA LTD
- NutriStart Vitamin Company
- NOW Health Group, Inc.
- AMRAP Nutrition. LLC
- RIMFROST (Olympic Group)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/j8htwf