DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "AUV & ROV Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for AUV & ROV is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.17% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2024
Factors such as rising offshore oil and gas production activities, growing offshore wind power industry, and increasing oil and gas decommissioning activities are expected to be major drivers driving the AUV & ROV market. However, global offshore investments have been in a steep decline, as result of the oil price collapse during mid-2014; this, in turn, has resulted in a less number of offshore oil and gas activities in the recent years and has limited the growth of the market studied.
- The oil and gas sector accounted for the largest share in the AUV & ROV market by end-use application in 2018, owing to the demand for these vehicles during across all phases of the offshore oilfield life cycle.
- The rising deepwater and ultra-deepwater discoveries are expected to open up new avenues for the market studied.
- North America is expected to dominate the market with the majority of the demand coming from the countries such as the United States and Mexico.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Oil and Gas Sector
- The oil and gas sector is expected to maintain its dominance in the market studied over the forecast period. ROVs are widely used across all phases of the offshore oilfield life cycle. They are also used for offshore drilling support and vessel-based services, including subsea hardware installation, construction, pipeline inspection, survey and facilities inspection, maintenance, and repair among others.
- However, the AUV market in the oil and gas industry is in its initial stages but is experiencing growing demand. Therefore, for AUVs, the oil and gas industry is expected to be the biggest growth driver during the forecast period.
- As of 2018, the majority of deepwater or ultra-deepwater production has taken place in four countries: Brazil, the United States, Angola, and Norway. Brazil is a world leader in the development of deepwater and ultra-deepwater projects. This positive growth trend in crude oil production, from deepwater and ultra-deepwater resources in these regions, is expected to drive the demand for ROVs in the coming years.
- In 2018, Brazil and the United States together accounted for more than 90% of ultra-deepwater production, globally. The presence of the most experienced international oil companies in the deepwater development and largest deepwater reserves makes the United States and Brazil the most attractive countries, for upstream deepwater investment.
- Moreover, production from the deepwater fields that are either producing or are under development is expected to reach 7.6 million barrel per day by 2025 and 9 million barrel per day by 2040, thus, boosting the growth of the market studied, during the forecast period.
- On the other hand, over 950,000 ton of topsides are slated for removal across the North Sea, of which more than 605,000 ton will be from UKCS. The United Kingdom is expected to spend around EUR 15.3 billion on decommissioning, over the next eight years. Approximately, 2,400 wells are expected to be decommissioned across the whole North Sea and West of Shetland region, by 2027. Around 914 of these wells are located across the Norwegian, Danish, and Dutch sectors.
- Therefore, with a number of offshore oil and gas projects including decommissioning of offshore oil and gas assets set to start in the coming years along with the rising investments in offshore oil and gas sector, the demand for AUV & ROVs is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2024
4.3 ROV Fleet Historic and Demand Forecast in unit, till 2024
4.4 ROV Historic Pricing Analysis in Revenue/Day
4.5 AUV Fleet Historic and Demand Forecast in unit, till 2024
4.6 Floating Rig Status and Utilization Rate
4.7 Offshore Sector Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) Forecast in USD billion, by Region, till 2024
4.8 Offshore Sector Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) Forecast in USD billion, by Water Depth, till 2024
4.9 Recent Trends and Developments
4.10 Government Policies and Regulations
4.11 Market Dynamics
4.12 Supply Chain Analysis
4.13 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Vehicle Type
5.2 Vehicle Class
5.2.1 Work-class Vehicle
22.214.171.124 Light Work-class Vehicle
126.96.36.199 Medium Work-class Vehicle
188.8.131.52 Heavy Work-class Vehicle
5.2.2 Observatory-class Vehicles
5.3 End-use Application
5.3.1 Oil and Gas
5.3.4 Other End-use Applications
5.4.1 Drilling and Development
5.4.3 Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance
5.4.5 Other Activities
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 DeepOcean AS
6.4.2 DOF Subsea AS
6.4.3 Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc.
6.4.4 TechnipFMC PLC
6.4.5 Bourbon Corporation SA
6.4.6 Fugro NV
6.4.7 Oceaneering International Inc.
6.4.8 Saab Seaeye Limited
6.4.9 Forum Energy Technologies Inc.
6.4.10 Subsea 7 SA
6.4.11 Saipem SpA
6.4.12 Teledyne Marine
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cw5dqs