DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Bovine Serum Albumin Market by Form (Dry, Liquid), Grade (Technical-& Diagnostic-Grade, Research/Reagent-Grade, Food Grade), End User (Life Sciences Industry, Feed Industry, Food Industry, Research Institutes), and Region - Global Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The bovine serum albumin market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2019 to 2025
The global bovine serum albumin market is estimated to be valued at USD 255 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 304 million by 2025, recording a CAGR of 3%. Factors such as the low cost and stable nature of BSA as a protein standard and the increasing livestock population leading to a growing demand for blood-based products are driving the growth of this market.
The scope for the use of BSA as a dietary protein is opening new avenues for the application of BSA
It has been established that BSA is a dietary whey protein that has anti-obesity effects. The intake of BSA as a part of low-fat diets prevents weight gain. Since obesity is a growing problem, the manufacturers are looking at cost-effective solutions for the production of dietary supplements. The cost of raw material for the production of BSA is very low due to which it has the potential to be used as a dietary supplement.
The technical- & diagnostic-grade segment to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
The technical- & diagnostic-grade is projected to witness fast growth due to its widespread application in areas such as cell culture and immunoassay preparation. The technical- & diagnostic-grade of BSA is most recommended for biotechnology applications such as immunodetections as a blocking and saturating agent. Most products that belong to this grade are used in cell culture applications.
Germany, in the European market, is estimated to account for the largest market share due to the growing in-vitro diagnostics industry
In 2019, Germany is estimated to hold the largest market share due to the growing in-vitro diagnostics market in the country. Most of the diagnostic companies who operate in this industry generate their revenue through reagents. BSA is a reagent that finds use in immunochemistry, haematology, microbiology, immunology, and clinical chemistry. Some of the factors driving the market for BSA are the increase in the cases of chronic illness within the German population and growth in demand for personalized medicines.
- Inexpensive & Stable Nature of Bovine Serum Albumin as a Protein Standard
- Growth of the Livestock Industry and Consequent Demand Generation for Blood-Based Products
- Rise in Application in the Food & Pharmaceutical Industries
- Rise in Demand for Animal-Free Albumin Products
- Growth in Appeal to Replace Fetal Bovine Serum and Its Components in Cell Culture Applications
- Scope for Use as a Dietary Protein for Fat Reduction
- Usage in the Biodegradable and Edible Food Packaging Industry
- Existence of Alternatives in the Diagnostic & Pharmaceutical Industries
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Itoham Yonekyu Holdings Inc.
- Proliant Biologicals
- Kraeber & Co GmbH
- Rockland Immunochemicals Inc.
- Rocky Mountain Biologicals
- Belhealth Investment Partners LLC
- Bio-Techne Corporation
- Prospec-Tany Technogene Ltd.
- LGC Group
- Promega Corporation
- Biological Industries
- Serion GmbH
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4b38f9