The Ext JS 7.0 release makes many feature enhancements to the Modern framework for initiating desktop and mobile app development. There are also several improvements to Sencha tooling to work seamlessly with Ext JS 7.0.
Component updates in Ext JS 7.0 are also featured in the component libraries for Sencha ExtAngular and Sencha ExtReact, enabling Angular and React developers to benefit from Modern toolkit improvements.
“Version 7.0 represents an important milestone in advancing the limits with our framework and components,” said Kegan Blumenthal, general manager of Sencha. “Most importantly, it stays true to our commitment to make upgrades easier and versions more compatible. Enterprise customers tell us they rely on the stability and security that Ext JS provides over other choices in the market, and we’ll continue to invest in and deliver solutions to meet evolving needs.”
Ext JS 7.0 Modern Toolkit enhancements include:
- Form Group (Checkbox, Radio Group) to easily group collections of checkboxes or radio buttons to support flexible layout customization.
- Accordion Layout supporting multiple expandable/collapsible panels.
- Grid Enhancements to support drag and drop columns, row editing, drag to grid, and collapsible group views.
- Drag and Drop Plugin in Tree View to easily move and reorder tree menus.
- Localization Package to easily localize applications for languages including Dutch, Danish, Italian, Czech, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Froala WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor as part of Ext JS 7.0 framework.
Ext JS 7.0 Classic Toolkit support for Material Theme includes:
- Support for bold colors, spacing and padding, component depths, shadows and font, as well as instant updates via CSS variable and Fashion.
To learn more about the key capabilities of Ext JS 7.0 and Tooling:
- Download the Ext JS 7.0 30-day free trial
- View the Ext JS Kitchen Sink Examples on any device
- Read the Getting Started with Ext JS Guide
- Attend the ExtWebComponents webinar on Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019, at 10am CT/8am PT
- Sencha customers can use their Support portal login to get access to Ext JS framework, Cmd and all Ext JS npm packages
Sencha tools help companies accelerate development cycles for enterprise-ready web applications. Sencha's development framework offers a single coding paradigm across all components, with hundreds of pre-integrated and tested UI components, built-in themes, and sample apps and stencils. More than 60 percent of the Fortune 100 use Sencha products to design, develop and test their data-intensive, cross-platform web and mobile applications. Sencha is a division of Idera, Inc. To learn more, visit www.sencha.com.