DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Tanzania Mobile Money Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Tanzania mobile money market reached a transaction value of US$ 45.5 Billion in 2018
Mobile money is a payment method that allows people to receive, store and spend money using a mobile phone. It is sometimes referred as a 'mobile wallet' or by the name of a specific service platform such as M-Pesa, GCash, EcoCash, Tigo Pesa, etc. The easy and safe electronic payments make mobile money a popular alternative to bank's brick-and-mortar approaches.
Tanzania is the largest mobile money market in Africa. It has become the first country in Africa to introduce interoperability between rival mobile money services. The market has been driven by the ubiquity of mobile phones among people from all socio-economic backgrounds with extensive coverage of mobile networks and penetration of internet. According to industry reports, 64% of adults in Tanzania use mobile phones for financial transactions. Various financial services, such as microloans, mobile insurance, hospitalization covers via mobile money and the credit services offered by mobile operators, have increased the number of mobile money accounts in the region. Mobile money has also been evolved beyond simple money transfer and allows people to save, insure and borrow money as well. Moreover, banks in the country are transforming their physical footprints and customer experience which has further helped them to promote a broader awareness of various financial services.
Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a transaction value of US$ 216.4 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 28.7% during 2019-2024.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Tanzania mobile money market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the Tanzania mobile money market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the Tanzania mobile money market based on the business model?
- What is the breakup of the Tanzania mobile money market based on the transaction type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Tanzania mobile money market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in Tanzania mobile money market?
- What is the structure of the Tanzania mobile money market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Tanzania mobile money market?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Tanzania Mobile Money Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Technology
5.4 Market Breakup by Business Model
5.5 Market Breakup by Transaction Type
5.6 Market Forecast
5.7 SWOT Analysis
5.8 Value Chain Analysis
5.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
6 Market Breakup by Technology
6.2 Mobile Wallets
7 Market Breakup by Business Model
7.1 Mobile Led Model
7.2 Bank Led Model
8 Market Breakup by Transaction Type
8.1 Peer to Peer
8.2 Bill Payments
8.3 Airtime Top-ups
9 Regulatory Framework
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Market Structure
10.2 Key Players
10.3 Profile of key players
10.3.2 Tigo Pesa
10.3.3 Airtel Money
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bka22g