DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "UK Two Man Home Delivery Market Insight Report 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report provides an analysis of the UK two-man home delivery market. It quantifies the market size, historical growth rates and levels of industry profitability. It also includes an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth setting out historical trends and available forecasts. It profiles the leading UK providers of two-man home delivery services. The author's forecast for industry growth is based on this analysis of historical trends and growth drivers.
A two man home delivery service typically involves a driver and mate delivering large, bulky or specialist items, often involving assembly, installation, fitting and removal of packaging and old items.
This report focuses on deliveries to customers' homes. Although there is a business-to-business two-man delivery segment which focuses on items such as medical equipment, ATMs, commercial kitchen equipment and large computers, it is much smaller than consumer two-man delivery and has lower growth. The latter segment is not included in this report.
The two man home delivery market includes deliveries of large items including mattresses, beds, bed frames, wardrobes, flat pack items, large domestic appliances (fridge freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers and ovens), kitchens and other household items such as fitness equipment or large garden items.
The market comprises three main activities:
The author believes that the UK market was over 850m in value in 2017, growing in line with UK retail demand for large items. This value includes both in-house and outsourced deliveries.
In recent years the market has been impacted by changes in supply chains, which have seen a move away from the old model of distribution of items via store networks towards regional and national networks which may be operated by a retailer or, in some cases, by the OEM with the retailer never taking possession of the physical items.
There have also improvements in customer service and the efficiency of customer communications, driven by systems innovations, and designed to ensure first time / no-fault delivery
Key Topics Covered:
About this report
- What does the report contain?
- Who is it useful for?
- What are the sources and methodology?
- Market background
- Market drivers
- About the author: 2018-19 Parcels & Logistics Research Programme - highlights
- About the author: recent parcels, transport and logistics consulting experience
- About the author: example parcels/delivery research and consulting clients
- List of charts and tables
- About the Market
- Two-man Delivery Market
- Market Trends and Characteristics
- Meeting Customer Expectations
- Home Delivery Software Management
- Removal and Disposal
- The Recycling Group Limited
- The Furniture Recycling Group Limited
- Deliveries & Dwell Time
- Increasing Online Sales of Big Ticket Items
- Driver Recruitment
- Supply chain trends
Market Size and Growth
- Two-man Home Delivery Market Size and Growth
- Two-man Delivery Market Size by Segment
- Two-man Delivery Market Volume by Product Category (Delivery Volumes)
- Two-man Delivery Market Value by Product Category (Delivery Segment)
- Two-man Delivery Connection/Assembly Market Value by Product Category
- Two-man Delivery Disposal/Recycling Market Value by Product Category
- Two-man Delivery Market Forecasts
- Two-man Delivery Market Forecast by Segment
- Two-man Delivery Market Volume Forecast by Product Category
- Two-man Delivery Market Forecast by Product Category
- Two-man Delivery Connection/Assembly Market Forecast by Product Category
- Two-man Delivery Disposal Market Forecast by Product Category
- Market Drivers
- Retail sales
- Internet retail
- Shopping Trends in Big Ticket Items
- UK Housing Transactions
- Consumer confidence
- In-house vs. outsourced provision
- Outsourcing trends
- Leading outsourced providers
- UK Two-man Home Delivery Revenues
- UK Two-man Delivery Profitability
- Two-man delivery customer relationships
- Two-man delivery service providers used by top UK online retailers
- Historical Two Man Delivery Contract Awards
- Panther Warehousing
- Key Clients
- Expert Logistics
- CEVA Logistics
- DX Group
- BJS Distribution
- DHD Direct
- DSV Solutions
- XPO Specialist Services (Norbert Dentressangle)
- Rhenus Logistics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lwnyde