Global Esports Market: About this market
The esports market analysis considers sales from sponsorship, media rights, advertising, publisher fees, and merchandise and ticket sales.
In 2018, the sponsorship segment had a significant market share, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Companies are finding esports sponsorship as a highly profitable investment owing to the increasing viewership of esports events. Such factors will play a significant role in the sponsorship segment to maintain its market position.
Also, the global esports market report also looks at factors such as branding through esports, rising number of esports events, and new platform launches. However, the growing cost of fame development, limited target audience and unclear media rights, adverse effects of video gaming on health may hamper the growth of the esports industry over the forecast period.
Global Esports Market: Overview
New platform launches
New platform launches by regional and international players contribute to the growth of the global esports market. Successful new platform launches are expected to accelerate the growth of the vendors operating in the global esports market by increasing their revenue flow and expanding their consumer base. Furthermore, new product launches increase the market shares of players and offer them a competitive edge over their rivals. Thus, new product launches will lead to the expansion of the global esports market at a CAGR of almost 18% during the forecast period.
Evolution of high-tech gaming consoles
Personal and community gaming has evolved from board games into a technology-driven industry. The introduction and popularity of gaming consoles, such as Xbox and PlayStation, have led to the development of the modern esports industry. For instance, PlayStation 4 Pro and the Xbox One X can display 4K resolutions with high-dynamic-range (HDR) color technology. Therefore, evolving technology in the esports industry has made the gaming experience better, attracting a large number of players and driving the global esports market. This development is expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.
With the presence of several major players, the global esports market is fragmented. The robust vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of several leading esports manufacturers, that include Activision Blizzard Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Modern Times Group MTG AB, Tencent Holdings Ltd., and Valve Corp.
Also, the esports market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage on all forthcoming growth opportunities.
Key Topics Covered:
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- Currency conversion rates for US$
PART 03: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 04: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2018
- Market size and forecast 2018-2023
PART 05: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 06: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 07: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 08: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY REVENUE STREAM
- Market segmentation by revenue stream
- Comparison by revenue stream
- Sponsorships - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Media rights - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Advertising - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Publisher fees - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Merchandise and ticket sales - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by revenue stream
PART 09: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY GAME GENRE
- Market segmentation by game genre
- Comparison by game genre
- MOBA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- FPS - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- RTS - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Others - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by game genre
PART 10: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 11: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 12: MARKET TRENDS
- Increase in esports betting
- Evolution of high-tech gaming consoles
- New partnerships
- Rapidly increasing Internet penetration and esports adoption on smartphones
PART 13: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive scenario
PART 14: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- Activision Blizzard Inc.
- Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Modern Times Group MTG AB
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/32b70c