DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "New Caledonia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The South Pacific region has become a hub for submarine cable system development in recent years with further networks coming online during 2019/2020. This is expected to increase competition in the region in regards to international capacity and the New Caledonian government plans to hold a tender process in 2019 in order to establish its own international and domestic submarine cable.
New Caledonia's telecommunications sector is dominated by the government owned OPT-NC which holds a monopoly and provides fixed and mobile voice services, mobile internet, fixed broadband access, and wholesale services for other ISPs.
In 2019 New Caledonia is well serviced by extensive 3G and 4G LTE networks and is considered to have one of the highest smart phone adoption rates in the Pacific Region.
While ADSL is still the dominant fixed broadband technology; the OPTC is also deploying a nationwide FttH network.
- A referendum for independence from France was held in New Caledonia in late 2018 and the majority of voters chose to remain part of France.
- Office des Postes et Telecommunications de Nouvelle-Caldonie (OPT-NC) is the only telecom network operator, but a few private ISPs offer services over OPT-NCs network.
- Any slumps in the nickel sector pricing places strain on New Caledonias overall economy.
- New Caledonia only has a small population with less than 300,000 citizens.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key statistics
2 Country overview
3 Telecommunications market
3.1 Market overview and analysis
4 Regulatory environment
4.1 Historic overview
4.2 Government plans
5 Fixed network operator in New Caledonia
5.1 OPT Nouvelle-Caldonie
6 Telecommunications infrastructure
6.1 National and international
6.2 International infrastructure
7 Broadband access market
8 Mobile communications
8.1 Market analysis
9 Mobile handsets
- Office des Postes et Telecommunications de Nouvelle-Caldonie (OPT-NC).
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7d97nv