CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) on Thursday, Aug. 22, from 5-9 :00 p.m. at the InterContinental Miami in Florida. The summit will be chaired by Luis E. Raez, M.D., chief of hematology/oncology and medical director, Memorial Cancer Institute.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with NSCLC. The expert presenters will delve into many informative topics: new standards of care for stage 3 NSCLC in the era of immunotherapy, new immunotherapy combinations in stage 4 non-squamous small cell lung cancer, predictive biomarkers of immunotherapy, optimal tyrosine kinase inhibitors in EGFR-positive NSCLC, the role of chemotherapy upon progressive disease, ALK-positive NSCLC and emerging biomarkers in NSCLC. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit include the following experts:
- Hossein Borghaei, D.O., M.S., chief, division of thoracic medical oncology; professor, department of hematology/oncology; co-director, immune monitoring facility; and the Gloria and Edmund M. Dunn Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Alberto A. Chiappori, M.D., senior member, oncology and medicine, thoracic oncology program, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Gelenis Domingo, M.D., hematologist-oncologist, Memorial Cancer Institute
- Miguel Villalona, M.D., deputy director/ chief scientific officer, Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida
- Edgardo Santos, M.D., FACP, FCCP, associate professor of clinical biomedical sciences, Florida Atlantic University, and vice chairman of the Florida Society of Clinical Oncology membership committee
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.