DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sulfur Hexafluoride Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for sulfur hexafluoride is anticipated to register a CAGR over 5% during the forecast period 2019-2024.
- Growing demand for electricity in developing countries is expected to drive the demand for sulfur hexafluoride during the forecast period.
- Environmental impacts such as increasing global warming and pollution are likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Adoption of HVDC transmission in developing nations is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in Electrical Applications
- The second biggest application of sulfur hexafluoride is as a dielectric medium in switchgear, capacitors, circuit breakers, and other electric appliances.
- Sulfur hexafluoride is suitable for operating in a range of 33 KV to 800 KV, which makes it an ideal dielectric medium for circuit breakers. A large number of appliances with varied operating conditions and operating ranges can be made with the help of sulfur hexafluoride.
- The demand for electricity has been steadily increasing in the developing nations due to economic development and increasing living standards of the people of developing nations. One of the major reasons for this is the increasing demand for mobile, television and other household appliances.
- The adoption of HVDC transmission in some of the developing nations can further increase the demand for sulfur hexafluoride, as it is useful in the manufacture of high voltage transmission systems and equipment.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the demand for the sulfur hexafluoride during the forecast period.
Europe to Grow at a Slower Rate
- The European region is about to experience growth at a slower rate than other regions with major developing nations in 2018.
- In Europe, the largest application for sulfur hexafluoride is medical applications. Germany is the largest market for medical devices in Europe.
- Italy is Europe's fourth largest market for medical devices after Germany, France, and the UK with market size of USD 9,061 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at CAGR of 2 % between 2017-2020.
- The usage of sulfur hexafluoride in metal manufacturing is declining owing to the stringent regulations of the governments of developed nations in Europe.
- The sulfur hexafluoride in the European region is anticipated to register the slower growth during the forecast period.
The sulfur hexafluoride market is partially fragmented. Key players in the sulfur hexafluoride market include Solvay, The Linde Group, Showa Denko K.K., Concorde Specialty Gases, Inc. and Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Electricity in Developing Countries
4.1.2 Increasing Application in Medical Sector
4.2.1 Environmental Impacts
4.3 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Metal Manufacturing
5.2 Product Type
5.2.1 Electronic/Technical Grade
5.2.2 Ultra High Purity Grade
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Advanced Specialty Gases
6.4.2 Air Liquide
6.4.3 Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
6.4.4 Chongqing Daan Yingde Speciality Gas Co. Ltd.
6.4.5 Concorde Specialty Gases Inc.
6.4.6 Fujian Yongjing Technology Co. Ltd.
6.4.7 Kanto Denka Kogyo Co. Ltd.
6.4.8 Matheson Tri-Gas Inc.
6.4.9 Praxair Technology Inc.
6.4.11 SHOWA DENKO K.K.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Adoption of HVDC Transmission in Developing Nations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gvzmgh