CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pharmacy Times®, the leading multimedia pharmacy network, in conjunction with Parata Systems announces the 30 finalists for the 2019 Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards. This program honors remarkable pharmacists, student pharmacists, technicians, and industry advocates from 10 categories that include Civic Leader, Entrepreneur, Future Pharmacist, Health-System Pharmacist, and Rising Star.
“During this year’s Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards program, we are not only honoring these outstanding individuals selected for their dedication and accomplishments in the pharmacy industry, but we also are celebrating a decade of pharmacy inspiration and leadership,” said John Hydrusko, vice president of Pharmacy Healthcare Communications. “We are so thrilled to be part of this program every year with Parata Systems and look forward to awarding the 2019 Next-Generation Pharmacist®.”
Selected by a panel of distinguished judges, the 30 finalists represent the various roles across the pharmaceutical industry. Three finalists were selected in each category, signifying a true cross section of pharmacy practice settings, including large chain retailers, independent pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, military bases, health clinics, and educational institutions.
The 2019 Next-Generation Pharmacist® finalists are:
- Curtis C. Gielow, PharmB, MHA, DLaw (Hon), Gielow Ventures LLC.
- Suzanne Soliman, PharmD, BCMAS, Pharmacist Moms Group.
- Rola Kaakeh, PharmD, CFPH, Salus Vitae Group.
- Daniel S. Fuchs, RPh, Dicks Pharmacy and Fuchs Family Pharmacies.
- Nikki Adams Bryant, PharmD, Adams Family Pharmacy.
- Alpesh Patel, RPh, Benzer Pharmacy.
- Drake Reiter, Drake University.
- Nashel Patel, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Madison Reed, Ohio Northern University.
- Sarah L. Anderson, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, BCACP, University of Colorado and Denver Health Medical Center.
- Nathan Magare, PharmD, BCPS, US Navy.
- Kevin J. Colgan, MA, FASHP, University of Chicago Medicine.
- Bruce R. Canaday, PharmD, FASHP, FAPha, St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
- Susanne M. Hiland, PharmD, MBA, Walmart Health & Wellness.
- Debra Goff, PharmD, FCCP, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
Patient Care Provider
- Mayank Amin, PharmD, RPh, MBA, Skippack Pharmacy.
- Rhianna M. Fink, PharmD, BCACP, BC-ADM, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Clinica Family Health.
- Michael Higbee, PharmD, Buhl Drug.
- Maj. Miranda Debelevich, PharmD, BCGP, US Air Force.
- Bejoy Paul Maniara, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP, Northwell Health: Long Island Jewish Valley Stream.
- Morgan Drew Greutman, PharmD, BCPS, Choctaw Nation Health Care Center.
- Kirollos Hanna, PharmD, BCOP, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and University of Minnesota Medical Center.
- Benjamin Heiser, PharmD, MBA, CSP, Lumicera Health Services.
- Tony E. Willoughby, PharmD, StratiFi Health.
- Allison S. Loring, CPhT, Walgreens.
- Heather McCracken, Fairchild Air Force Base.
- Britney Quinton, CPht, Buhl Drug.
- Jenny Bingham, PharmD, BCACP, SinfoniaRx.
- Lisa Umfleet, RPh, BCGP CDE, Parkland Health Mart Pharmacy.
- Donna M. Litwak, RPh, Rite Aid.
“These finalists represent a level of patient care that inspires the advancement of the profession," said Rob Kill, Parata CEO. "It’s inspiring to see everyone come together for this chance to meet and congratulate one another. We know the 10th year will be the best yet.”
The 10th annual gala will be held on Friday, Oct. 25, at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego. Winners for each category will be announced, and one winner will be named the 2019 Next-Generation Pharmacist®. All selected finalists will be featured in the September print and online issues of Pharmacy Times® and on nextgenpharmacist.com.
About Pharmacy Times®
Pharmacy Times® is the leading multimedia pharmacy network providing practical clinical and professional information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with other health care providers. Each issue and the website contain articles and features covering industry trends, medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and more. Additionally, Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacy Times® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences, the largest privately held, independent full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.
About Parata Systems, LLC
TCGRx and Parata have combined to create the new industry leader focused on providing pharmacy technology solutions to support business growth, better health outcomes and lower medical costs. Joined in 2018 as Parata Systems, the company offers the most comprehensive pharmacy automation portfolio with pouch and blister medication adherence packaging, high-speed automated robotic dispensing technologies and pharmacy workflow solutions. Discover how we’re better together at https://parata.com and https://www.tcgrx.com.