DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Surgical Stapling Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Centers), By Product (Powered, Manual), By Type (Reusable, Disposable), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global surgical stapling devices market size is expected to reach USD 7.38 billion by 2025 at an 8.13% CAGR during the forecast period.
The application of surgical staplers has gradually evolved from invasive surgeries to minimally invasive surgeries. With the introduction of advanced surgical staplers, difficulties associated with the use of conventional staplers have been overcome.
Obesity is increasing among adults as well as adolescents due to high prevalence of factors such as sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy diet patterns in this age group. In case of eating habits, people are more inclined toward fast food rather than healthy food. Increasing stress and busy schedules are both causing people to consume packed and processed food. Severe cases of obesity cause other conditions, such as diabetes and cardiovascular conditions, resulting in many opting for bariatric surgery.
According to 2014 data released by the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), the number of bariatric surgeries has drastically increased from 1,600 in 2006-2007 to 6,000 in 2012-2013. This is indicative of the high demand for these surgeries owing to increasing awareness about surgical options for weight loss.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- By product, manual surgical stapling devices dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2017. However, the powered segment is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period. Alarming number of emergency cases can lead to surgical fatigue, thereby, reducing productivity. Powered stapling devices allow surgeons to perform more number of surgeries in emergency wards.
- Need for disposable devices is expected to grow at a rapid rate over the forecast period due to heightened concerns regarding communicable infections. Disposable staples are made of plastic, whereas reusable staples are made of stainless steel. Both disposable and reusable staples have disposable cartridges.
- Reusable staplers generate lesser surgical waste. Efforts to sterilize these devices equal the environmental impact of disposable staples. As a result, demand for disposable devices is expected to grow owing to increasing concerns related to transfer of infections.
- North America dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2017. Demand for surgical staples is expected to increase owing to rise in bariatric surgeries, introduction of powered staples, and growing need for tissue and wound management. The application of surgical staples has gradually increased from endoscopic surgery to endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries.
- Key industry contributors include Covidien plc (Medtronic); Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.; Intuitive Surgical, Inc.; United States Surgical Corp; Cardica, Inc.; Zimmer Holdings, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; Smith & Nephew plc; Conmed Corporation; and CareFusion Corporation.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information Procurement
1.2 Data Analysis
1.3 Report scope
1.3.1 Segment market scope
1.3.2 Regional scope
1.3.3 Estimates & forecast timeline
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market definitions
2.1.1 Powered Surgical Stapling Device
2.1.2 Manual surgical stapling device
2.1.3 Disposable Surgical Stapling Device
2.1.4 Reusable Surgical Stapling Device
2.1.5 Commonly-used devices and their MRI compatibility.
2.2 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Industry Outlook
3.1 Business segment trends
3.1.1 Product segment
3.1.2 Type segment
Chapter 4 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
4.1 Market Segmentation and Scope
4.1.1 Market drivers analysis
22.214.171.124 Increasing need for wound and tissue management devices
126.96.36.199 Introduction of advanced technologies
188.8.131.52 Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery
184.108.40.206 Increasing obesity and awareness about bariatric surgeries
220.127.116.11 Increasing incidence rate of cancer
4.1.2 Market restraints analysis
18.104.22.168 Technologically advanced substitutes
22.214.171.124 Stringent regulations
126.96.36.199 High cost of bariatric surgeries
188.8.131.52 Adverse events due to surgical staplers
4.2 Surgical Stapling Market Competitive Landscape: Market Position Analysis (Based On Products, Regional Presence
4.3 Surgical Stapling Market - PESTLE Analysis
4.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
4.5 Open Linear Stapler Vs Linear Laparoscopic Stapler Vs Circular Stapler-Qualitative Analysis
Chapter 5 Surgical Stapling Devices Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Surgical Stapling Market: Product Movement Analysis
5.2 Powered Surgical Stapling Device
5.3 Manual Surgical Stapling Device
Chapter 6 Surgical Stapling Devices Market: Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Surgical Stapling Market: Type Movement Analysis
6.2 Disposable Surgical Stapling Device
6.3 Reusable Surgical Stapling Device
Chapter 7 Surgical Stapling Devices Market: End Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Surgical Stapling Market: End Use Movement Analysis
7.3 Ambulatory Centers
Chapter 8 Surgical Stapling Devices Market: Procedures Estimates & Trend Analysis
8.1 Gastrointestinal procedures
8.1.1 Bariatric- Gastric Bypass
8.1.2 Bariatric Sleeve Gastrectomy
8.3.2 Whipple procedure
8.3.3 Liver Resection (Hepatectomy/Hemihepatectomy)
8.4.1 Lung Lobectomy
8.4.2 Pulmonary Wedge Resection
Chapter 9 Surgical Stapling Devices Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product, Type, and End Use
9.1 Surgical Stapling Market Share by Region, 2017 & 2025
9.2 North America
9.5 Latin America
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Strategy framework
10.2 Company Profiles
10.2.2 Ethicon, Inc.
10.2.3 Intuitive Surgical
10.2.4 Cardica, Inc.
10.2.5 Stryker Corporation
10.2.6 Smith & Nephew
10.2.7 CONMED Corporation
10.2.8 CareFusion Corporation
10.2.9 3M Healthcare
10.2.10 BioPro, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5h3uz9