DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Industrial & Institutional Cleaning Chemicals Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Industrial & institutional cleaning chemicals market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5.45% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2024.
The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are rising demand from the healthcare industry, and increasing demand from food industry owing to foodborne illness. On the flip side, health hazards caused by cleaning chemicals serves as a restraint for the studied market.
- General purpose cleaners segment dominated the market in 2018 and is likely to grow during the forecast period, owing to increased awareness about the importance of living in a hygienic environment.
- The emerging use of bio-based cleaning chemicals is likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
- North America dominated the market across the globe, with high awareness among the population, and collective efforts to maintain cleanliness and hygiene.
Key Market Trends
Commercial Application to Dominate the Market Demand
- Commercial segment stands to be the largest consumer in the industrial and institutional cleaning chemicals market.
- Commercial application of cleaning chemicals is found in industries such as food & beverage, retail, laundry & dry-cleaning, healthcare, car washes, and offices, hotels & lodging.
- Thus, growth in such end-industries is further likely to increase the demand for cleaning chemicals from commercial application.
- Food & beverage industry has been growing worldwide, with the growing innovation and development of new food products and drinks. With the growing population across the globe, the industry is further increase production to cater to the growing demand. During the period 2018-2019, the world population was registered to be growing at a rate of 1.07% per year.
- In regions, like Asia-Pacific and the Middle East & Africa, investments into healthcare industry have been increasing due to the growing need for medical assistance, increase in spending capability on health, and lack of proper healthcare sector.
- For instance, in Middle Eastern countries some of the healthcare construction projects planned or in development phase include Aster Hospital Project in Oman, Expansion of Domat Al-Jandal General Hospital in Saudi Arabia, Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital Expansion Project in UAE, Ahalia Hospital Project - Sharjah Healthcare City in UAE, Wakra Health Centre Construction Project in Qatar, Madinat Khalifa South Health Center Project in Qatar, Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University Hospital Project in Saudi Arabia, and others.
- In Singapore, USD 740 million Woodlands Health Campus construction project is under construction, which is expected to be completed by 2022.
- Hence, such trends in the end-user industries are likely to increase the demand for industrial & institutional cleaning chemicals during the forecast period.
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- North America region dominated the global market share in 2018. The increasing hospital construction and high awareness among the population regarding the importance of hygienic environment are some of the factor driving the growth of industrial & institutional cleaning chemicals market in North America.
- For instance, in 2018, Georgia approved USD 1.5 billion Children's Healthcare of Atlanta hospital project, which includes replacing the 325-bed children's hospital in Atlanta with a larger one containing 446 beds. The construction of this new hospital is expected to start in early 2020.
- In September 2018, Canada had about 20 educational and medical construction projects under planning phase. Some of the major projects include USD 171 million Brandon University project, USD 180 million Montreal University renovation project, USD 120 million HEC Montreal - City Center project, USD 2 billion New Edmonton hospital & Health Campus Project, USD 1.8 billion Maisonneuve-Rosemont hospital renovation project, USD 1.4 billion Royal Alexandra hospital - acute care tower project, USD 622 million Burnaby General hospital expansion, USD 730 million Royal Columbian hospital re-development - Phases 2 & 3, and others.
- In May 2019, Mexico was recorded to be witnessing high growth in hotel construction, where 15,731 rooms were under construction, representing about 3.9% of the country's existing supply.
- Hence, with the completion of such construction projects in the region, the demand for industrial & institutional cleaning chemicals is projected to increase in the region during the forecast period.
The industrial & institutional cleaning chemicals market is a consolidated market, where few players account for significant share of the market demand. Some of the major players in the market include Procter & Gamble, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, BASF SE, Clariant, and 3M, amongst others.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand from the Healthcare Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Food Industry Owing to Foodborne Illness
4.2.1 Health Hazards Caused by Cleaning Chemicals
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Raw Material
184.108.40.206 Caustic Soda
220.127.116.11 Soda Ash
5.2 Product Type
5.2.1 General Purpose Cleaners
5.2.2 Disinfectants & Sanitizers
5.2.3 Laundry Care Products
5.2.4 Vehicle Wash Products
18.104.22.168 Food service
22.214.171.124 Laundry and Dry-cleaning
126.96.36.199 Car washes
188.8.131.52 Offices, Hotels & Lodging
184.108.40.206 Food & Beverage Processing
220.127.116.11 Fabricated Metal Products
18.104.22.168 Electronic Components
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.3 Albemarle Corporation
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.6 Croda International Plc
6.4.7 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.8 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.9 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.10 National Chemical Laboratory (NCL)
6.4.11 Procter & Gamble
6.4.12 Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
6.4.14 Spartan Chemical Company, Inc.
6.4.15 Stepan Company
6.4.16 W.M. Barr & Co.
6.4.17 Westlake Chemical Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Use of Bio-based Cleaning Chemicals
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4bipjk