DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Polyacrylamide Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The polyacrylamide market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period (2019-2024).
One of the major factors driving the market studied is the growing use of polyacrylamide in the oil and gas industry for enhanced oil recovery (EOR). However, stringent regulations for use, due to carcinogenic nature of acrylamide monomer, is likely to restrain the market.
- Growing demand for anionic polyacrylamide as a flocculant is also likely to boost the demand for polyacrylamide during the forecast period.
- Development of bio-based polyacrylamide is likely to act as an opportunity for the market growth in future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the polyacrylamide market in 2018, owing to the rapidly growing construction industry in India and China.
Major Market Trends
Water Treatment Application Expected to Dominate the Market
- One of the major applications of polyacrylamide is as flocculants or coagulants for treating municipal and industrial wastewater, as it causes suspended particles to aggregate and to precipitate when added to treat water.
- Anionic polyacrylamide is used extensively in water treatment and sludge de-watering. For industrial sewage treatment, it is widely used in iron and steel plants, wastewater plants, electroplating wastewater plants, metallurgical waste water plants, and coal-washing wastewater plants. Owing to the significantly high flocculation efficiency, anionic polyacrylamide is also widely used in drinking water treatment.
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization in Asia-Pacific has propelled the demand for polyacrylamide, due to rising levels of waste water and pressing need to conserve the depleting natural water resources.
- Additionally, stringent environment regulations imposed by regional regulatory bodies and government to treat industrial waste water is another factor, which may make prominent contribution toward the market during the forecast period.
- Hence, wastewater treatment application is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Expected to Dominate the Global Market
- The Asia-Pacific region accounted for the highest market share in 2018.
- Rapidly growing construction industry, primarily in India and ASEAN countries, is a major factor driving the demand for the Asia-Pacific polyacrylamide market.
- A rapid growth of the oil and gas exploration activities in countries in Asia-Pacific is also increasing the consumption of polyacrylamide.
- Furthermore, the growing water treatment industry in Asia-Pacific is projected to further add to the growing demand for polyacrylamide in the region.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The polyacrylamide market is moderately consolidated, with the major players accounting for a fair share of the market. Some of the major companies in the market include SNF Group, BASF, Kemira, and Solvay, among others.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Use in the Petroleum Industry for Enhanced Oil Recovery
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Anionic Polyacrylamide as a Flocculant
4.2.1 Stringent Regulations for Use due to Carcinogenic Nature of Acrylamide Monomer
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Ionic Nature
184.108.40.206 Other Types
5.1.2 Polymer Structure
220.127.116.11 Straight Chain
18.104.22.168 Cross Linked
5.2 Production Process
5.2.1 Copper Catalyst-based
5.2.2 Microbial Enzyme-based
5.3.1 Enhanced Oil Recovery
5.3.2 Flocculant for Water Treatment
5.3.3 Manufacturing Safe Contact Lenses
5.3.4 Soil Conditioner
5.3.5 Binder in Skin Lotions
5.4 End-user Industry
5.4.1 Municipal & Commercial
5.4.2 Oil & Gas
5.4.3 Pulp & Paper
5.4.6 Other End-user Industries
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 ASEAN Countries
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.5.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AnHui JuCheng Fine Chemicals Co. Ltd.
6.4.2 Ashland Inc.
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.4 Beijing Hengju Oilfield Chemical Agent Co. Ltd.
6.4.5 Black Rose
6.4.6 China National Petroleum Corporation
6.4.8 Envitech Chemicals Specialties Pvt. Ltd.
6.4.10 King Union Group Corp.
6.4.11 Liaocheng Yongxing Environmentals
6.4.12 Puyang Longquan Polymer Co. Ltd.
6.4.13 Shandong Tongli Chemical Co. Ltd.
6.4.14 Shuiheng Chemicals
6.4.16 SNF Group
6.4.18 Tainrun Chemicals
6.4.19 Xiltao Polymers
6.4.20 Yixing Cleanwater Chemicals Co. Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Applications of Polyacrylamide, such as its Use as a Biomaterial
7.2 Development of Bio-based Polyacrylamide
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/f0yywt