PORTLAND, Maine--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX), a leading financial technology service provider that provides its fleet customers and partners with powerful payment technology and fleet management solutions, today kicks off WEX SPARK Global Fleet 2019. Held near WEX’s new global headquarters in Portland, Maine, this three-day event marks the first time that WEX has brought all segments of its fleet industry customers and partners together for one main event.
“We have a long history of working closely with our customers and partners and carving out time and space and for them to be part of our innovation journey. WEX SPARK replaces individual summer meetings we’ve traditionally held for our segments of fleet customers and partners -- Major Oil Companies, Retail Petroleum Companies, Transportation Companies, Government Fleets and Private Fleets -- consolidating them into one powerful industry event, into which we’ve packed ideas, inspiration, and collaboration that extend well beyond this event,” says Scott Phillips, president of WEX global fleet. “We hope that the sessions, interactive technology demonstrations, keynotes, and opportunities for meaningful dialogue that we’ve planned throughout the week will spark further ideas and solutions and make all those present with us this week stronger collaborators in moving this industry forward.”
Here’s what attendees can expect at WEX SPARK Global Fleet 2019:
● To network: Meet new faces and peers from diverse segments of the industry. Share experiences, stories and best-practice learnings. Fun and engaging social events throughout the meeting will extend knowledge-sharing networks.
● To learn: Information-packed and interactive sessions led by executives and subject matter experts will help broaden exposure and knowledge about WEX Fleet solutions. Inspiring keynote speakers will offer learning experiences that go beyond office walls.
● To grow: Innovative product-specific technology sessions will keep attendees on the leading edge of the fleet industry solutions marketplace. Informative sessions will provide key takeaways that can be applied to current business practices.
● To strategize: Industry trends and updates will enable attendees to better adapt to shifts in marketplace dynamics. Open discussions and meaningful dialogue will allow exploration of ideas and solutions that together will make attendees better collaborators in moving the industry forward.
Can’t-miss highlights of the event will include:
● Tuesday, July 23 at 3 p.m., WEX CEO Melissa Smith will kick off the event with a keynote opening that shares her perspective on the impressive business results the WEX community has achieved, discusses the company’s strategy for continued growth and reinforces the important role partnerships and relationships play in the combined successes.
● Tuesday, July 23 at 3:30 p.m., Scott Phillips, president of WEX Global Fleet, will provide an overview of WEX’s global fleet strategy and recognize those customers and partners who have been with WEX for more than 20 years.
● Tuesday, July 23 at 4 p.m., world-renowned mentalist and magician Max Major will deliver an entertaining and memorable performance using total audience participation as he challenges attendees to question what is real and what is unreal—and to believe that nothing is impossible.
● Throughout Wednesday and Thursday, fleet segment sessions, product circuits and hands-on interactive sessions will explore WEX’s latest fleet innovations, including DriverDash, a biometric authorization solution for fleet drivers to authorize fuel payments on their mobile devices (there are now 25,000 Exxon Mobil and Shell sites within the DriverDash network); and the completed acquisition of EG Fleet.
This event draws long-time customers and partners, seasoned veterans, and new-to-the-industry attendees. For 2019, participation has grown significantly to where nearly half of the attendees will be joining this event for the first time. SPARK Global Fleet 2019 lays the foundation for an exclusive industry event that industry professionals will be drawn to each year as it continues to grow and evolve.
For more on WEX SPARK Global Fleet 2019, including the full event agenda, visit the landing page here.
Highlights and news announcements from SPARK 2019 will be shared in real time via Twitter #WEXSPARK. You can also follow our SPARK news on Facebook, facebook.com/wexfleetcard, and LinkedIn, linkedin.com/company/wexinc.
Powered by the belief that complex payment systems can be made simple, WEX (NYSE: WEX) is a leading financial technology service provider across a wide spectrum of sectors, including fleet, travel and healthcare. WEX operates in more than 10 countries and in more than 20 currencies through more than 4,800 associates around the world. WEX fleet cards offer 13.1 million vehicles exceptional payment security and control; purchase volume in its travel and corporate solutions grew to $34.7 billion in 2018; and the WEX Health financial technology platform helps 343,000 employers and more than 28 million consumers better manage healthcare expenses. For more information, visit www.wexinc.com.