DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Research Report on Global and China's Integrated Circuit Industries, 2019 to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2018, the revenue of the global integrated circuit industry totaled about USD 480 billion, representing a CAGR of less than 10% from 2014 to 2018; the revenue of China's integrated circuit industry was about USD 98.70 billion, representing a CAGR of about 25% from 2014 to 2018. In China, the revenue from integrated circuit designing was about USD 38.07 billion, accounting for 38.60% of the revenue of the integrated circuit industry; the revenue from integrated circuit manufacturing was about USD 27.48 billion, accounting for about 27.80%; the revenue from integrated circuit packaging and testing was about USD 33.15 billion, accounting for 33.60%.
The growth of China's integrated circuit market in recent years is mainly driven by automotive electronics, industrial automation, Internet of Things (IoT), communication equipment, etc. Global personal computer production is declining while smartphone production still has space for further expansion. The development of cloud computing, IoT, big data, 5G, and other relevant industries boost the demand for integrated circuits.
China is the world's largest foundry, automobile producer and consumer and electronics manufacturing base. It is expected that for a long time in the future, China will remain the world's largest integrated circuit consumer, and the market size of integrated circuits in China will continue to grow. In 2018, the production volume of automobiles in China decreased to 27.81 million units by 4.20% YOY while that of new energy vehicles (electric vehicles) increased to 1.27 million units by about 60% YOY.
A new energy vehicle has a far greater demand for integrated circuits than a fuel vehicle. With the rapidly expanding production of new energy vehicles, the automotive industry has become a major driving force for the growth of China's integrated circuit market. In 2018, the production volumes of smartphones and personal computers in China reached more than 1.30 billion units and about 300 million units respectively, both ranking the first in the world.
As labor costs keep rising in recent years, it is indispensable for China to enhance automation in manufacturing. The growing demand for industrial automation equipment such as CNC machine tools and industrial robots increases the demand for integrated circuits.
In the context of wider IT applications and booming IoT, China has an increasing demand for smart cities, smart logistics and industrial monitoring. According to the author, the market size of IoT in China exceeded CNY 1 trillion in 2018, which means that the demand for integrated circuits on China's IoT market is also rising rapidly.
- Status of global integrated circuit industry
- Chinese government's supportive policies on the integrated circuit industry
- Supply of integrated circuits
- Market demand for integrated circuits
- Major integrated circuit enterprises in China
- Analysis of import and export of integrated circuits in China
- Threats and challenges to the integrated circuit industry
- Prospect of the integrated circuit industry from 2019 to 2023
- Impact of the Sino-U.S. trade war on the integrated circuit industry
- Amkor Assembly & Test (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Smartchip Microelectronics Technology Company Limited
- China Resources Microelectronics Limited
- Diodes Shanghai Co., Ltd.
- Duntai Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- GalaxyCore Shanghai Limited
- Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co., Ltd.
- Hejian Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Hitech Semiconductor (Wuxi) Co., Ltd.
- Huada Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- Intel Products (Chengdu) Ltd.
- Intel Semiconductor (Dalian) Ltd.
- Jiangsu Xinchao Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- Nantong Huada Microelectronics Group Co., Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors
- RF Micro Devices (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Samsung (China) Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- SanDisk Semiconductor (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Sanechips Technology Co., Ltd.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
- Shanghai Huahong (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Goodix Technology Co., Ltd.
- SK hynix Semiconductor (China) Ltd.
- Tianshui Huatian Electronics Group Co., Ltd.
- TSMC China Company Limited
- Unisoc Technologies Inc.
- Vimicro Corporation
- Wuhan Xinxin Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Xi'an Microelectronics Technology Institute
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a0e8pp