DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Hemodialysis & Peritoneal Dialysis Market by Product (Machines, Dialyzers, Concentrates, Dialysates, Catheters) Services, Modality (Conventional, CAPD, Nocturnal), End User - Global Forecasts to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Market is Projected to reach USD 99.2 billion by 2024 from USD 74.2 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 6.0%.
Growth in this market is largely driven by factors such as the increasing number of ESRD patients, growing prevalence of diabetes & hypertension, preference for dialysis treatments over kidney transplants, and initiatives taken by leading players to introduce advanced products & services. However, the risks & complications associated with dialysis, low consumer awareness regarding kidney diseases, and reimbursement concerns are expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
The hemodialysis segment is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period
The hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is categorized into two broad segments, namely, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. The hemodialysis segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. Factors such as the huge acceptance of hemodialysis therapy over peritoneal dialysis among CKD and ESRD patients, an increasing number of ESRD patients, growth in the number of dialysis centers, and government initiatives are stimulating the growth of the hemodialysis market.
The conventional hemodialysis segment is expected to hold the largest share of the hemodialysis modality market during the forecast period
Based on modality, the hemodialysis market is classified into three major segments―conventional hemodialysis, short daily hemodialysis, and nocturnal hemodialysis (NHD). The conventional hemodialysis segment is expected to account for the largest share of this market in 2019. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the large patient population opting for conventional dialysis, rising number of dialysis centers across the globe, a growing number of ESRD patients, and ongoing technological advancements in conventional hemodialysis.
North America to account for the largest share of the global market in 2019
Based on region, the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market has been segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is expected to account for the largest share of the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market in 2019. The higher per capita income as compared to other regions, favorable reimbursement scenario, and increasing demand for dialysis procedures are propelling the growth of the in-center dialysis market.
- Increasing Number of ESRD Patients
- Growing Prevalence of Diabetes and Hypertension
- Shortage of Organ Donors and Risks Associated With Transplant
- Technological Advancements and New Product Launches
- Rising R&D Expenditure for Developing New Dialysis Products
- Risks and Complications Associated With Dialysis
- Product Recalls
- Reimbursement Concerns in Emerging Markets
- Stringent Regulatory Policies for the Approval and Manufacturing of Dialysis Products
- Emerging Markets
- Development of User-Friendly and Low-Cost Dialysis Products
- Increasing Number of Dialysis Centers
- Growing Preference for Home Hemodialysis (HHD) Treatment
- Benefits of Renal Transplantation
- Low-Cost Solution
- Better Patient Survival Rate
- Sustainability of Small and Medium-Sized Companies in the Highly Competitive Market
- Focus on Wearable and Miniature Dialysis Machines
- Consolidation of the Dialysis Services Market
- Partnerships Among Dialysis Product and Service Providers
- Robust Private Equity Activity
- Increasing Preference for Private Dialysis Providers
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd. (A Subsidiary of Asahi Kasei Corporation)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Cantel Medical Corporation
- Davita Inc.
- Dialife Group
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Isopure Corp
- Medtronic PLC
- NIKKISO Co., Ltd.
- Nipro Corporation
- Rockwell Medical, Inc.
- Toray Medical Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s9n32y