DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Asia-Pacific Solar Control Window Films Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- The construction industry dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- Growing concerns regarding UV protection is expected to act as an opportunity in the future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Construction Industry
- The construction industry, which includes commercial and residential buildings, accounts for the major share in the solar control films market.
- These windows films have been extensively used in commercial and residential buildings, as a protective sheet installed on the windows.
- These window films serve a wide variety of purposes, like providing protection against damaging ultraviolet radiations that can cause fading of fabrics, furnishings, or display articles, blocking glare, reducing heat within a building, lowering energy costs by reducing air conditioning needs, and providing privacy while making buildings look attractive.
- Varying levels of insulation are also available that assists in keeping the energy usage under control in any kind of climate.
- They also play a major role in enhancing the home exterior and appearance. Due to their advanced benefits, they are preferred more as compared to other types of films.
- The aforementioned factors are expected to increase the demand of solar control window films over the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Market
- The Chinese solar control window films market is driven by the surging construction industry in the country.
- The construction market in China is the largest in the region, which is almost two times the size of the construction industry of Japan
- China's residential building sector witnessed the growth accelerate in 2018, as greater land supply was made available, in an effort to rebalance supply and demand and dampen the overheating housing market.
- Furthermore, the energy consumption in commercial and residential buildings is also increasing in China. Air conditioners are among the prime consumers of energy these days.
- Currently, more than one trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity is consumed by residential, commercial, and industrial air conditioning annually.
- Additionally, automotive heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC systems) also consume a huge amount of energy, which results in the generation of exhaust emissions. However, China is already moving ahead and is expected to surpass the United States as the world's biggest user of electricity for air conditioning, by 2020.
- The aforementioned factors are contributing to the increasing demand for solar control window films' consumption in the region, during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Emphasis on Reducing Carbon Footprint
4.1.2 Upsurge in the Asia-Pacific Construction Industry
4.2.1 Growing Smart Glass Market
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Price Analysis
4.6 Policies & Regulations
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Film Type
5.1.1 Vacuum Coated
5.1.4 High Performance and Others
5.2 By Absorber Type
5.3 By Application
5.4.4 South Korea
5.4.5 ASEAN Countries
5.4.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Avery Dennison Israel Ltd.
6.4.3 Decorative Films, LLC.
6.4.4 Eastman Chemical Company
6.4.5 Garware Suncontrol
6.4.6 Johnson Window Films, Inc
6.4.7 Madico, Inc.
6.4.8 Polytronix, Inc.
6.4.9 Purlfrost Ltd.
6.4.10 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation
6.4.11 Solar Control Films Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Concerns Regarding UV Protection
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mu50ev