DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Mid-Year 2019 IT Salary Survey with 12 Months Update Service" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Compensation Survey draws on data collected throughout the year by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. The survey data reflects IT salaries in 78 major cities in the United States as well as 23 cities in Canada. The report is over 95 pages long and the data is provided in PDF format.
Are you paying too much or too little to your IT staff? Do you have IT job descriptions? Are you earning what you're worth? Whether employer or employee, it is important to know what other companies are paying in total compensation for a similar position in your area. Learn how your company compares in the area of compensation. Data is as of June 2019.
- Over 144,000 net new IT jobs were created in the past 18 months.
- Between January 2018 and June 2019, the total mean compensation for all IT Professionals increased from $90,116 to $91,901.
- In the last 18 months compensation for IT executives have fared better in large companies than mid-size companies with increases that were 2.25% versus 1.98%.
- In mid-sized enterprises, the mean total compensation for all positions increased from $87,254 to $88,732.
- In the last two quarters of 2018, staff level positions in IT organizations of SMB's had the greatest demand for new hires.
- In large enterprises, the median compensation rose from $92,979 to $95,070.
- Some markets like the SF Bay Area, Boston Metro, and Salt Lake areas are suffering significant shortages of qualified IT professionals.
- Technology centers like San Francisco (Bay Area), Chicago, Atlanta, District of Columbia, New York and Washington State continued to lead the way in new IT job creation.
- Many CIOs and IT professionals are retiring. Succession planning and promotion of Millennials into that role is becoming a priority.
- Large organizations are planning to beef up their middle management as those enterprises focus on Big Data, Blockchain, SEO and Smartphone and tablet connectivity.
- Onshore outsourcing and H-1B visa jobs have peaked. The America first campaign has resulted in more infrastructure functions being moved in-house.
- A new position was added to the survey - Manager Blockchain and Web SEO Analyst as e-commerce continues to expand.
- KPI metrics are now the way performance is being measured.
If you do not want to purchase the full salary study, you can get just the data for a particular city for a fraction of the cost of the full study just contact us.
The salary survey is updated twice a year; once in January and then again in July
Key Topics Covered:
2. SAMPLE STATISTICS
3. STUDY SUMMARY
- CIO Tenure
- Fringe Benefits Summary
- Fringe Benefit Analysis
4. COMPENSATION AND IT JOB MARKET TRENDS
- BLS IT Compensation Analysis
- Mean Compensation IT Executives
- US Federal Government Compensation Cap
- Highly Paid CIOs
5. NATIONAL UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
6. CHANGES IN DEMAND FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
7. JOB DESCRIPTIONS
8. JOB FAMILIES
- IT Job Family Classification
- Job Description Structure
9. SUMMARY SALARY SURVEY DATA
10 STATISTICS PRESENTED BY CITY
- Large Enterprises
- Mid-Size Enterprises
11. NATIONAL IT SALARY ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qysutr