In 2018, the enterprise segment had a significant market share, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
Factors such as the high number of potential applications of smart glasses in the sports sector will play a significant role in the enterprise segment to maintain its market position.
Also, the global smart glasses market report looks at factors such as the implementation of automation in industrial sector, increase in number of crowdfunding campaigns, and growing adoption of AR gaming by individuals.
However, high initial cost of smart glasses, concerns associated with security and privacy, and technical limitations and unattractive design may hamper the growth of the smart glasses industry over the forecast period.
Growing adoption of AR gaming by individuals
AR gaming is gaining popularity among gamers as it simulates gaming visuals and audio content in real life using hardware products and software programs. This is encouraging vendors to use cutting edge 3D technologies to develop AR smart glasses for AR games. This will lead to the expansion of the global smart glasses market at a CAGR of over 167% during the forecast period.
Emergence of SLAM technology
Vendors are integrating SLAM technology with smart glasses to provide useful content that are based on location. This is because SLAM technology can learn about the environment regularly. The growing use of SLAM technology in smart glasses is expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth.
With the presence of several major players, the global smart glasses market is fragmented. This robust vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of several leading smart glasses manufacturers, that include Kopin Corp, Microsoft Corp, Optinvent, Seiko Epson Corp, and Vuzix Corp.
Key Topics Covered
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
PART 03: AR SMART GLASSES VALUE CHAIN
- Value chain
PART 04: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 05: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2018
- Market size and forecast 2018-2023
PART 06: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 07: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY PRODUCT
- Comparison by product
- Developer - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Commercial - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by product
PART 08: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 09: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY END-USER
- Comparison by end-user
- Enterprise - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Individual customer - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by end-user
PART 10: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- Americas - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- EMEA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 11: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY OS
- Market segmentation by OS
- Comparison by OS
- Android - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Windows - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Others - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by OS
PART 12: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 13: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
PART 14: MARKET TRENDS
- Rise in number of strategic partnerships and acquisitions
- Emergence of SLAM technology
- Technological advances
PART 15: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
PART 16: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- Kopin Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- Vuzix Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/txd8y