DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Vision Care Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global vision care market reached a value of US$ 58.83 Billion in 2018.
Various factors ranging from unhealthy diet to chronic diseases and pollution can affect the health and functioning of the eyes, resulting in partial or complete loss of vision. Over the years, numerous products and treatments have been developed to manage vision related problems.
Growing prevalence of electronic screens in day-to-day lives represents the key factor driving the global vision care market. Increased use of laptops, PCs, tablets, mobile phones, and other devices along with sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diets have led to the development of vision related problems such as myopia, astigmatism, hyperopia, retinal tears, macular edema, diabetic retinopathy, etc.
Additionally, the lack of comfort associated with eye glasses has augmented the demand for contact lenses, which is further driving the market. Moreover, brand name and product design have become the deciding factors for purchase, instead of functionality. This paradigm shift in the consumer behaviour and growing brand awareness has led to the expansion of the market.
The market is expected to reach a value of US$ 70.52 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.96% during 2019-2024.
Scope of the Report
- The report has segmented the market on the basis of type into glass lenses, contact lenses, intraocular lenses, contact solutions, lasik equipments and artificial tears. Amongst these, glass lenses represent the most popular product type.
- On the basis of the distribution channels, the market has been segmented into retail stores, online stores, clinics, and hospitals. Currently, retail store is the largest distribution channel, accounting for the majority of total sales.
- On a regional basis, the report covers North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America represents the largest region.
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key global players being Johnson & Johnson, Cooper, Bausch (formerly Valeant Pharmaceuticals), Essilor and Novartis AG.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global vision care market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global vision care market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global vision care market?
- Which are the major distribution channels in the global vision care market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global vision care market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global vision care market?
- What is the structure of the global vision care market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global vision care market?
- How are vision care products manufactured?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Vision Care Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.4 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
5.5 Market Breakup by Region
5.6 Market Forecast
5.7 SWOT Analysis
5.8 Value Chain Analysis
5.8.2 Research and Development
5.8.3 Raw Material Procurement
5.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
6 Market Breakup by Product Type
6.1 Glass Lenses
6.1.1 Market Trends
6.1.2 Market Forecast
6.2 Contact Lenses
6.3 Intraocular Lenses
6.4 Contact Solutions
6.5 Lasik Equipment
6.6 Artificial Tears
7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
7.1 Retail Stores
7.1.1 Market Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2 Online Stores
8 Market Breakup by Region
9 Vision Care Manufacturing Process
9.1 Product Overview
9.2 Raw Material Requirements
9.3 Manufacturing Process
9.4 Key Success and Risk Factors
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Market Structure
10.2 Key Players
10.3 Profiles of Key Players
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bausch (Valeant Pharmaceuticals)
- Novartis AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xms5rc