DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Milk Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global milk powder market reached a volume of 10.4 Million Tons in 2018. The market volume is further projected to reach 13.2 Million Tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of more than 4% during 2019-2024.
Milk powder is manufactured by dehydrating fluid milk in order to increase its shelf-life. It has a similar nutrient profile as fluid milk, consisting of thiamine, proteins, vitamin C and B12, etc. Apart from recombination and reconstitution, milk powder is also utilized for its functional properties in several value-added foods such as confectionery, bakery and meat products. In recent years, the demand for milk powder has increased as a number of countries have been unable to meet their rising milk demand and rely on imported milk which is generally procured in the form of milk powder.
Global Milk Powder Market Drivers/Constraints:
Powdered milk has a longer shelf-life than liquid milk due to the presence of low moisture content. Owing to this, it can be easily stored at ambient temperatures, transported to remote locations without proper cold chain infrastructure, and used at times when milk production is low.
As milk powder has diversified applications in the food and beverage industry, the sustained growth of this industry has been proactive in stimulating its demand, particularly in the emerging regions such as China, India, Brazil, etc.
Milk powder offers the same nutritional value as regular milk, owing to which, it is used in sports nutrition products including nutrition bars and beverages. The increasing demand for these products, driven by growing fitness consciousness, has been catalyzing the milk powder market.
The governments of various nations have laid down stringent policies on taxation, duty structures, subsidies and export/import of milk powder which can have major implications on the bottom lines of milk powder producers and hinder the market growth.
Breakup by Product Type:
On the basis of type, the market has been bifurcated into whole milk powder and skim milk powder. Amongst these, whole milk powder is the most popular product type and represents a commonly used ingredient in the food industry.
Breakup by Function:
Based on function, the market has been segregated into emulsification, foaming, flavoring and thickening. Milk powder is used for emulsification in salad dressings, meat emulsions, soups, sauces, dairy beverages and baked goods; as foaming agent in the preparation of cakes, mousses and ice creams; as a flavoring agent in baked goods; and thickening agent in sauces, dairy beverages, yogurts, puddings and baked goods.
Breakup by Application:
Based on application, confectionery dominates the global milk powder market, wherein milk powder is used in the production of malted milk, nougat centers, caramel confections, milk chocolates, soft sweets and various confection coatings. Other major application segments include infant formula, sports and nutrition foods, bakery products, dry mixes, fermented milk products, meat products and others.
On a geographical front, the European Union is the largest producer of milk powder worldwide and accounts for more than a fifth of the total global market. Other major regions are New Zealand, China, the United States and Brazil.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global milk powder market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global milk powder market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global milk powder market?
- What are the major functions in the global milk powder market?
- What are the various application segments in the global milk powder market?
- What are the price trends of milk powder?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global milk powder market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global milk powder industry?
- What is the structure of the global milk powder industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global milk powder industry?
- What are the profit margins in the milk powder industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- How is milk powder manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for milk powder?
- What are the transportation requirements for milk powder?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a milk powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Milk Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Production Volume Trends
5.2.2 Consumption Volume Trends
5.3 Price Trends
5.4 Market Breakup by Region
5.5 Market Forecast
6 Global Milk Powder Industry
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.2.1 Production Volume Trends
6.2.2 Production Value Trends
6.3 Price Analysis
6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
6.3.2 Price Structure
6.3.3 Price Trends
6.4 Market Breakup by Product Type
6.5 Market Breakup by Function
6.6 Market Breakup by Application
6.7 Market Breakup by Region
6.8 Market Forecast
6.9 SWOT Analysis
6.10 Value Chain Analysis
6.10.1 Raw Material Procurement
6.11 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6.12 Key Success Factors and Risk Factors
7 Market Breakup by Product Type
7.1 Whole Milk Powder
7.1.1 Market Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2 Skimmed Milk Powder
8 Market Breakup by Function
8.1.1 Market Trends
8.1.2 Market Forecast
9 Market Breakup by Application
9.1 Infant Formula
9.1.1 Market Trends
9.1.2 Market Forecast
9.3 Sports and Nutrition Foods
9.4 Bakery Products
9.5 Dry Mixes
9.6 Fermented Milk Products
9.7 Meat Products
10 Market Breakup by Region
11 Competitive Landscape
11.1 Market Structure
11.2 Key Players
12 Milk Powder Manufacturing Process
12.1 Product Overview
12.2 Detailed Process Flow
12.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
12.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
13 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
13.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
13.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
13.3 Plant Machinery
13.4 Machinery Pictures
13.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
13.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
13.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
13.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
13.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
13.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
13.11 Other Capital Investments
14 Loans and Financial Assistance
15 Project Economics
15.1 Capital Cost of the Project
15.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
15.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
15.4 Taxation and Depreciation
15.5 Income Projections
15.6 Expenditure Projections
15.7 Financial Analysis
15.8 Profit Analysis
16 Key Player Profiles
16.6 Dean Foods
16.7 Arla Foods
16.8 Dairy Farmers of America
16.9 Kraft Foods
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yny4d2