The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of sensors and their applications, including explanations of variations in industry growth by region. Estimated values are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars unadjusted for inflation.
As technological advances in electronic control systems increase sensor efficiency, users are calling for advances in sensor accuracy, reliability, response time, robustness, miniaturization, and communication capability. The sensor industry is robust, and it is expected to experience sound growth during the five-year forecast period.
Advances in micromachining have made it possible to produce micron-sized devices on a silicon wafer, an attractive process for large-volume applications using mass production processes. This technology is particularly important in the sensor market, as silicon has been shown to be a very good material for use in sensors.
In the near future, the manufacturing costs and power consumption of wireless sensors will decrease, and wireless sensors will be fully integrated into wireless networks, replacing hardwired configurations. A broad spectrum of wireless communications hardware and software is already available, and the communication industry is the largest consumer of this technology, primarily in mobile phones and base stations. Fiber-optic sensors will also play roles in networks and communications.
Magnetic field sensors will play roles in magnetic storage media and customer terminals.
Photodetectors for local area networks (LANs) will also see growth in regional, municipal and long-distance network applications. Nanotechnology, which involves manipulating and harnessing chemical reactions and molecular processes of living cells in designs aimed at specific technological functions, will experience strong growth within the sensor market, especially for chemical detection.
Among the industrial sensor segments, pressure, force and load, and level sensors will experience strong growth. Image sensors will experience the highest growth due to their increased use in smartphones and many other portable devices. Biosensors and chemical sensors will also experience growth in the wake of terrorist threats to key industrial facilities (e.g., chemical plants) and due to increased use in medical applications.
- 117 data tables and 10 additional tables
- A detailed overview and industry analysis of the global markets for sensors within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Country-specific data and analysis for the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, China, India, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, and Middle Eastern Countries
- A detailed study of sensor growth in terms of accuracy, reliability, response time, robustness, miniaturization, communications capability and efficiency
- Identification of factors influencing the global sensors market such as drivers, restraints; and assessment of current and future trends
- Explanation of technology and innovations behind sensor development and production
- Comparative study of charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) image sensor technologies and discussion of their applications areas
- Information on touchless and pseudo-touchless biosensors
Company profiles of major players in the market, including Accel AB, Alps Electric Co, American Electronic Components, American Sensor Technologies, Ametek, and Continental
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary & Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Technology Type
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by End-user
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
Chapter 7 Patent Review & New Developments
Chapter 8 Analysis of Market Opportunities
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- AB Electronik Gmbh
- Accel Ab
- Aleph America Corp.
- Allegro Microsystems Llc
- Alpha Mos S.A.
- Alphasense Ltd.
- Alps Electric Co. Ltd.
- American Electronic Components, Inc.
- American Sensor Technologies, Inc.
- Ametek, Inc.
- AMS Ag
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Applied Measurements
- Applied Technology Associates
- Aptina Imaging Corp.
- ATI Industrial Automation
- Autoliv, Inc.
- Automotive Technologies International, Inc.
- Autonics Corp.
- Balluff, Inc.
- Banner Engineering Corp.
- Baumer Holdings Ag
- Bebop Sensors, Inc.
- Bei Sensors
- Bindicator, Inc.
- Binmaster, Inc.
- Binsfeld Engineering, Inc.
- Bokam Engineering, Inc.
- Boonton Electronics Corp.
- Bopp & Reuther Messtechnik Gmbh
- Borgwarner Beru Systems Gmbh
- Bosch Sensortec Gmbh
- Bourns Sensors Gmbh
- Cambridge Cmos Sensors Ltd.
- Canatu Oy
- Casco Products Corp.
- City Technology Ltd.
- Cognex Corp.
- Colibrys Sa
- Comus International Bvba
- Conax Technologies
- Contelec Ag
- Continental Ag
- Conti Temic Microelectronic Gmbh
- Cooper Instruments & Systems
- Corrsys-Datron Sensorsysteme Gmbh
- Crane Electronics Ltd.
- Crossbow Technology, Inc.
- CTS Corp.
- Custom Sensors & Technologies
and many more...
Chapter 10 List of Manufacturers
Chapter 11 Analyzed Patents
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/njlai