DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Adhesive Tapes Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for adhesive tapes is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period 2019-2024.
Major factors driving the market studied are the growing demand from lightweight automotive vehicles and increasing demand from the packaging and medical industries.
- The packaging industry dominated the adhesive tapes market in 2018 by adding value to various manufacturing sectors including agriculture, pharma, retail, FMCG, etc.
- Usage of adhesive clips as an alternative to stitches is likely to act as an opportunity in the future
- Asia-Pacific dominated the adhesive tape market across the globe with the most significant consumption from countries such as China and India.
Automotive Industry Dominated Consumption of Adhesive Tapes
- Adhesive tape is a combination of a material and an adhesive film which is used to bond or join objects together instead of using fasteners, screws, or welding. Adhesive tapes enable its use at Room temperature and can protect the surface area.
- Weight reduction has become an essential part of vehicle design with increasing consumer and government calls for lower carbon emissions, enhanced passenger comfort, passenger safety, and improved performance.
- Also, the development of smaller and more efficient power systems added importance on the need for lighter & more efficient designs.
- Automotive adhesive tapes are designed to withstand varied environmental conditions including moisture, salt spray, temperature variances, and UV radiation.
- Due to the advanced properties of adhesives tapes such as its acoustic insulating properties and vibration absorption has significantly reduced the amount of noise inside the vehicle.
- Pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes are highly used in specialist vehicle and transportation systems to bond the outer vehicle skin to the supporting structure.
- Hence, with the rapid increase in demand from the automotive segment across the globe, the market for adhesive tapes is expected to rapidly increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia Pacific dominated the Adhesive tape market in 2018 and is anticipated to continue so during the forecast period. Japan is one of the major markets for adhesive tapes owing to the massive production of appliances, and health care products.
- The growing packaging industries in countries like China, Japan, and India are further expected to augment the demand for adhesive tapes market.
- China state council announced a 10-year manufacturing plan called Made in China 2025, which focuses on high-end equipment manufacturing in various segments like automotive, appliances, etc. This is expected to drive the demand for adhesive tapes in the country.
- China remained the global leader in the production of automobiles across the globe with the production of 27,809,196 units in 2018. Though there is a huge decrease in the production of automobiles in China, there is a considerable demand from the current manufacturing vehicles.
- From the above-mentioned factors, it is evident that the demand for adhesive tapes is expected to further increase in the Asia-Pacific region over the forecast period.
The adhesive tapes market is highly fragmented. The major companies include 3M, Henkel, DowDuPont, Avery Dennison, and H.B. Fuller.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Light Weight Automotive Vehicles
4.1.2 Rapidly Growing Demand from the Packaging & Medical Industries
4.2.1 Regulations on Raw Materials used for Manufacturing
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Water based
5.1.2 Solvent based
5.2.2 Health care
5.3.3 Rubber based
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Avery Dennison
6.4.3 Berry Plastics
6.4.4 Bostik S.A.
6.4.6 H.B. Fuller
6.4.8 Lintec Corporation
6.4.10 Nitto Denko Corporation Japan
6.4.11 RPM International
6.4.13 Shurtape Technologies, LLC
6.4.14 sika AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Usage of Adhesive Clips as an Alternative to Stitches
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7yw7hs