ATLANTA & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, today reported June trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at http://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
“Market participants continue to gravitate to our deep and liquid futures markets, reflected by strong volumes and open interest across our financials complex in Sterling and MSCI, as well as our global oil, natural gas and carbon markets,” said Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange. “The transparency and liquidity of these markets enables customers to precisely and efficiently manage their risks across an array of global asset classes,” Jackson added.
2Q19 & June Highlights Include:
- Global Oil products average daily volume (ADV) up 13% y/y in 2Q19 & up 13% in June
- Global Oil products open interest (OI) up 13% y/y at the end of June
- Total Natural Gas ADV up 14% y/y in June
- Record TTF Natural Gas ADV in 2Q19, up 121% y/y; ADV up 178% in June
- TTF Natural Gas OI up 65% y/y at the end of June
- Emissions ADV up 8% y/y in 2Q19 & up 12% in June
- Record OI reached in Total Oil futures of 8.6mm contracts on 6/27; Total Oil futures OI up 7% y/y at the end of June
Agriculture & Metals
- Record Total Agriculture & Metals ADV in 2Q19, up 4% y/y
- Record Coffee ADV in 2Q19, up 26% y/y; ADV up 23% in June
Equities & Interest Rates
- Sterling ADV up 8% y/y in June
- Sterling OI up 40% y/y at the end of June
- MSCI ADV up 16% y/y in 2Q19 & up 12% in June
- Cash equities ADV up 9% y/y in 2Q19
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company formed in the year 2000 to modernize markets. ICE serves customers by operating the exchanges, clearing houses and information services they rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global financial and commodity markets. A leader in market data, ICE Data Services serves the information and connectivity needs across virtually all asset classes. As the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, the company is the premier venue for raising capital in the world, driving economic growth and transforming markets.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key information Documents (KIDS)”.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, as filed with the SEC on February 7, 2019.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange